Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

9 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

With how south the Euro is currently, I actually don't mind where we sit on the GFS. If it trends just 50-75 miles south towards the euro, this area gets absolutely pummeled. I'd still take this as is for sure though even with the mixing issues. 

I would be sweating bullets if I lived south of say the Bel Air latitude in MD. Im not even comfortable here (never was fully) but there is wiggle room and we've still yet to get bullseyed. I dont mind where we sit attm.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yep, the usual N trend with these types in Nina years has commenced.

For the other sub, Brady just threw a bomb on first down...made the 2-pt conversion. 24-17...6:35 left in the 3rd qtr. The lead is slipping away.

Live look in at the mid atlantic forum after the 12z gfs:

633956596.jpg.0.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I would be sweating bullets if I lived south of say the Bel Air latitude in MD. Im not even comfortable here (never was fully) but there is wiggle room and we've still yet to get bullseyed. I dont mind where we sit attm.

Totally agree, I think we will likely mix up here, almost every big storm does at a point. It will be how much we mix that determines if this is one to remember or not. But I also like where we sit at the moment for a winter storm warning level event.

Miller B/C storms like to jump east. It's why I wouldn't mind some NW and amped solutions right now. Also, you can't forget alot of times eastern PA/Western Jersey is where the "shadow" effect occurs in these events. Kinda saw that on the GFS. The coastal forms well east and all the overrunning precip gets choked out and we are in the subsidence zone. Just stuff to watch out for. It's only 4.5 days away

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Tom Brady kept the ball and runs 50 yards for a touchdown from shotgun on a 4th and 15, the crowd in stunned disbelief

• Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Seems like this isn’t the storm for those hoping for 2-3”/hr rates and thundersnow...but if you like steady light to moderate snow for days, you’ll love this storm.

While that could be the case, I believe it's too early to know the dynamics in play. I think there very well could be a nice CCB when the coastal forms that the models just aren't picking up on yet...Not to mention warmer than slightly  normal waters in the atlantic, I think the coastal has a good chance of amping up quicker than progged especially if it stalls..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

While that could be the case, I believe it's too early to know the dynamics in play. I think there very well could be a nice CCB when the coastal forms that the models just aren't picking up on yet...

It all depends on how much energy swings around the base of the trough. If there’s a lot, the low tucks into the coast and that CCB does form. If the energy is just loose and all over the place, the initial thump may be nice but Monday and Tuesday’s snow will be pretty light for the most part as the ULL swings through.

• Thanks 1