Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Just got this from family "Cecily says its 400 miles off the coast of California ade we will know better by Sunday if we can get some snow" lol

Think family has been hitting the sauce....none of this. You made me think I was losing so I watched it again...nah.

https://6abc.com/weather/accuweather-drying-out-tonight-coldest-air-of-the-season-late-week/49644/

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Think family has been hitting the sauce....none of this. You made me think I was losing so I watched it again...nah.

https://6abc.com/weather/accuweather-drying-out-tonight-coldest-air-of-the-season-late-week/49644/

I been told a fabrication probably on purpose to rain on my parade! They are drinking wine too :drunk:maybe they heard it at 6? 

• Weenie 1

Almost all guidance is in sync with low pressure redeveloping just to the South of Hatteras near Ocracoke. Then they diverge thereafter with the strength, depth, and location of the 2nd sw diving into the back of the trof. To phase in time and capture is the real question and difference between the slp headed NE/ENE and being a minor/moderate event or drifting N and tucking into the DelMarVa on its slow journey NNE delivering a significant. Should be able to muster a warning level event out of this for SE PA at the very least. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Almost all guidance is in sync with low pressure redeveloping just to the South of Hatteras near Ocracoke. Then they diverge thereafter with the strength, depth, and location of the 2nd sw diving into the back of the trof. To phase in time and capture is the real question and difference between the slp headed NE/ENE and being a minor/moderate event or drifting N and tucking into the DelMarVa on its slow journey NNE delivering a significant. Should be able to muster a warning level event out of this for SE PA at the very least. 

Agreed Steve....more likely than not hence NWS high % chances this far out....that said I expect a slow arrival due to mighty low DPs....plus I suspect for the coastal plain some mixing issues and even back a bit NW of the fall line. Looks a lot to me like a typical storm with mixing in the City and SJ and increasing amounts N and W, Sort of like storms of my youth

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yepper. The op is going to cave at 12z....Mark my words. The 6z eps are tucked really tight to the coast. Almost too N and too tucked but verbatim is an almost perfect track for this area.

Yep big jump on the eps last night. Im way more worried about rain/mixing then I am suppression. Regardless things look great for some snow at least. Details tbd.

• Like 3

Coastal actually comes together.. but pretty messy transfer. 95 and immidiate suburbs go from thump to mix to rain back over to snow. Actually a pretty crazy long duration storm. Starts a little after 12z Sunday and by 06z Tuesday snow is finally beginning to taper off. Honestly not that bad of a run for us... Nothing 'historic' but that still looks like a fun storm. Overall I give that a "not bad". A 50-75 mile shift towards the euro and many of us are sitting pretty. As Ralph says, we take.

• Like 2

That backside northern vort was wayyyy slower this run. Captures it further east. Lets be real, these storms favor SNE typically. But still a decent run for northern and eastern sections. So much CF too on the models with them unable to figure out the phasing. This is gonna be a headache up until hour 0.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

1 minute ago, Newman said:

That backside northern vort was wayyyy slower this run. Captures it further east. Lets be real, these storms favor SNE typically. But still a decent run for northern and eastern sections. So much CF too on the models with them unable to figure out the phasing. This is gonna be a headache up until hour 0.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

With how south the Euro is currently, I actually don't mind where we sit on the GFS. If it trends just 50-75 miles south towards the euro, this area gets absolutely pummeled. I'd still take this as is for sure though even with the mixing issues. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Newman said:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Yep, the usual N trend with these types in Nina years has commenced.

For the other sub, Brady just threw a bomb on first down...made the 2-pt conversion. 24-17...6:35 left in the 3rd qtr. The lead is slipping away.