Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Don't post this in the mid atlantic thread ...they've spiked the football and are doing a full team celebration in the end zone already :lol:

I posted there earlier that earlier today it was like their football team was up by 21 pts at halftime vs Tom Brady. They kicked a fg and are up 24 with 12mins left in the 3rd now. But Brady is pissed and staring angrily on the other sideline. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm willing to bet that IF guidance is correct in weakening the block and drifting it away from the NAO region,  these Southern hits will begin to shift N. This isn't like the past 2 weeks or so with the shred machine under the block. Like I said a few mins ago and as Iceman has noted, the GFS thump to rain idea is a very valid concern attm. Im less worried about a miss S than I am this tracking too far N or developing too close to the coast. I would NOT want to be in the bullseye at 6 days....period. I dont EVER recall a time (not that it hasn't happened) where a bullseye held up until storm time. Whatever happens will happen tho, I'm not losing sleep over it. I do like where we stand attm.

I'm not certain, but didn't the bullseye of 2/6/10 hold from a week out until storm time? I'm not comparing that with this, I'm just curious.

• Weenie 1

While y'all are resting and it's quiet until the next run, I'm just dropping by with a little blessing:

Be kind to us our Dear Mother Nature.  We're holding onto to the ball.  We trust our King Euro will say yes, yes, yes!!!

May your curses all be lifted on those of us who may or may not have started a storm thread too early.  We pray for your snow blessings upon us and our dear Groundhog.

Thank you, alleluia, amen.  Play ball!

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, The Iceman said:

I'm 20 years into this hobby and still learning! If you ever have questions about any posts here, definitely feel free to ask. I'll be glad to explain the best I can. It's always good to see new "weenies" in the making :)

Thank you!!! As I learn more, I’ll definitely have questions. Before, I didn’t even know where to begin. I always failed at learning on my own because I didn’t know the science. I still don’t, but I’m finally truly learning. In all honesty, if there’s a hint of snow in the forecast, I turn to this forum to find the real forecast. With this wave 3 hopeful storm,  I’ve finally learned what a Miller B storm is... I hope this storm happens... It will be an entirely new experience to understand WHY it’s snowing. 

• Like 2

I'll take this GEFS mean for the meantime. We're 5 days out, this storm comes in at hr120 on the GFS. We'll see if it slows down in evolution at all. A slower solution would favor us. Would allow the backside vort coming down the spine of the western ridge to catch quicker, phase, and boom...

GEFSNE_prec_meansnacc_180.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'll take this GEFS mean for the meantime. We're 5 days out, this storm comes in at hr120 on the GFS. We'll see if it slows down in evolution at all. A slower solution would favor us. Would allow the backside vort coming down the spine of the western ridge to catch quicker, phase, and boom...

GEFSNE_prec_meansnacc_180.png

Take a blend of the euro and gfs and we are in the jackpot. I don't think it shakes out like that, but I like where we stand at the moment. Not sold on the HECS yet but biggest snow of the season could certainly be in the cards.

• Weenie 1

GFS is king. Euro has been garbage this year. As a result I already know most of the precipitation in the Philadelphia region will be rain and there's no chance for all snow. Not even a chance for mostly snow. Do not lose sleep over this storm, it won't be what you want it to be. Don't fall into the trap of other models. I will reply to this comment in one week lol, see ya then.

• Weenie 4

GFS is very ICONish. The euro is sort of alone attm tbh with the Southern thing. I believe the truth lies right now between a euro and GFS solution much like every storm this winter. This is about the time the Euro begins to meet in the middle with the GFS. Still don't think suppression will be our fail possibility here with what is happening in Eastern Canada. Seems most folks are keyed in on the vort track on the euro et al and not paying attention to the relaxing up top which will not allow for the South ticks to continue on the euro. We are in an outstanding spot attm.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

GFS is king. Euro has been garbage this year. As a result I already know most of the precipitation in the Philadelphia region will be rain and there's no chance for all snow. Not even a chance for mostly snow. Do not lose sleep over this storm, it won't be what you want it to be. Don't fall into the trap of other models. I will reply to this comment in one week lol, see ya then.

Weenie

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

GFS is very ICONish. The euro is sort of alone attm tbh with the Southern thing. I believe the truth lies right now between a euro and GFS solution much like every storm this winter. This is about the time the Euro begins to meet in the middle with the GFS. Still don't think suppression will be our fail possibility here with what is happening in Eastern Canada. Seems most folks are keyed in on the vort track on the euro et al and not paying attention to the relaxing up top which will not allow for the South ticks to continue on the euro. We are in an outstanding spot attm.

Gfs was trash with this week's storm. Euro has the cmc on its side.