Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27

wdrag

16 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Thanks for the report from Sussex County high ground.  Might not see many obs of 1"+ from this event.

Really thought some 2-3" amounts would of shown up around your area of Sussex.

Snow has started to pick up a bit in last 10 minutes. We should reach an inch I would think. Lol

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

about done here.   A half inch or so.   Bust by the Euro and RGEM which had 3-4 inches.  NAM did best with its call for an inch or less.

Yep, essentially a coating here that is melting with temp slightly above freezing. Lousy as was expected. The Euro became too cold and moist which happened other times this season since the precip that fell came through fast and turned to shredded crap. The earlier models that had the activity and cold combining along I-90 were right. 

42 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yep, essentially a coating here that is melting with temp slightly above freezing. Lousy as was expected. The Euro became too cold and moist which happened other times this season since the precip that fell came through fast and turned to shredded crap. The earlier models that had the activity and cold combining along I-90 were right. 

it's a bit colder here-29 or 30, we had a nice burst for 30 minutes but that was about it-since then poor snow growth with needles falling for a few hrs.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

it's a bit colder here-29 or 30, we had a nice burst for 30 minutes but that was about it-since then poor snow growth with needles falling for a few hrs.

Temp has hovered between 30 and 33 here all day but other than intial burst of snow it’s been flurries, sleet or drizzle. The initial burst also wasn’t that impressive. 

• Thanks 1

Wet snow shower here now.  Most of the 0.3" has melted, but almost nothing fell as rain or sleet.  Maybe some drizzle whan I wasn't looking, but there won't be much in the rain gage at all.  Ironically, this is better than expected.  It was always supposed to dry up on our doorstep except for the models that had a higher percentage of rain/sleet.

Tuesday Low/High temp was 30.2/33.9.  It was 33.8 before the current snowshower started and 32.9 now.  Bouncing around a narrow range.

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic