Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBs and nowcast later Tuesday morning - Noon Wednesday 1/26-27

wdrag

mPing should be interesting. 

The advisory for a mix of wintry elements will probably start with a burst of decent snowfall rates between sunrise and 2PM before a probable change to rain, freezing rain or sleet on LI and I80 southward during the afternoon and possibly back to ice or snow early Wednesday. The i84 corridor should be mostly snow, if not all snow.

The region southeast of I95 in NJ after starting as snow or sleet should transition to plain rain by Tuesday night but it might be marginal for icing in Monmouth-Middlesex counties near the colder air sitting astride I80-LI. 

This I believe is the first expected widespread winter weather advisory event dating back to at least January 3. 

There's a small chance for a period of flurries along I195 to maybe near I78 in NJ between midnight and 4am but the main event in the NYC forum begins during the daylight hours Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, LVwhiteout said:

Not even a flake here. Started as light rain for about 10 minutes and then turned to a mainly sleet mixture at the present.  31.5 degrees at 10:25 AM 4 miles west of Allentown, Pa.

Not a great sign for places near that latitude further east although the mid level warming is coming from the west 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the obs now and future.  Been a discouraging start in Wantage with lots of grauple but finally 3/4s- moderate side flake snow and 0.2" here now. 27/20. all surfaces covered except retreated roads wet with slight cover on edges where un treated. Unsure how long we'll last as snow here in Wantage.  I've checked back on the NAM and GFS forecast soundings from 06z and a little perplexed on the snow pellets at a max T of -2C in the Sparta sounding.  So.. 3KNAM continues colder than the GFS.  Am thinking the lower end of my ranges, due to poor start.  Bottom line: mixed slippery event in progress at least NW of NYC. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic