• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

Just now, nycsnow said:

Very confused as to why upton didn’t issue blizzard warnings. All criteria’s are met 

sustaining blizzard conditions are tough probably will wait to see how the storm evolves. like i posted above will probably not pull the trigger till later tonight if at all.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced the heaviest totals will be north & west of NYC.

Very cold/dry over there and temps have been very cold down to C/NJ. Euro/GFS are further south with jackpot zone.

So I have an inkling jackpot will be near or just south of I-78. I'm also basing this off the current overrunning snows which are targeting C/NJ.

• Like 1

I do 12 hour shifts in Hopewell Jct., Dutchess County; I live in central Rockland.  I'm not going in tomorrow because it should get progressively worse with every hour that goes by.  Bear Mountain Bridge hills are no fun in a two wheel drive MINI Cooper after about six inches.  I miss my Jeep Wrangler....  lol  I'm off 'til Friday I suspect.....  for the next storm....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Very cold/dry over there and temps have been very cold down to C/NJ. Euro/GFS are further south with jackpot zone.

So I have an inkling jackpot will be near or just south of I-78

How about at the intersection of I-78 and I-287?  That works for me...:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

So I have an inkling jackpot will be near or just south of I-78. I'm also basing this off the current overrunning snows which are targeting C/NJ.

heaviest snow will be where the pivot occurs. if it moves past the city by the time it decides to pivot N & W will JP,  ala 2017/2020 style. hard to determine where the pivot will settle

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Evetything going as modeled so far. Still think the jackpot is north central nj. Air is cold and dry but east wind will get really cranking once the coastal takes over