• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

trend-nam-2021013112-f051.snku_acc.us_ne.gif.6679b46ab64bb9f7d90bb3596f65c3f6.gif

Not that consistent IMO. RGEM has been more

Craig Allen now that I remember. Decent met though, no? He was mainly talking about runs since yesterday. Beyond that, I can't say. There's no model out to lunch saying it will be a less severe event. We're going to get slammed; anytime you get over a foot and a lot of wind, and top it off with some rain, you are going to have serious travel and cleanup issues.

6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

trend-nam-2021013112-f051.snku_acc.us_ne.gif.6679b46ab64bb9f7d90bb3596f65c3f6.gif

Not that consistent IMO. RGEM has been more

Agreed, the Nam had a NYC/L.I. jackpot with western NJ and Eastern PA getting much less just last night so it definitely hasn't been consistent.

In any event, this is arguing over semantics. The bottom line is that every model shows a major to possibly historic snowstorm for just about all of us. Where the banding sets up with the highest totals/dry slot etc. will come down to nowcast.

• Like 1

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Craig Allen now that I remember. Decent met though, no? He was mainly talking about runs since yesterday. Beyond that, I can't say. There's no model out to lunch saying it will be a less severe event. We're going to get slammed; anytime you get over a foot and a lot of wind, and top it off with some rain, you are going to have serious travel and cleanup issues.

This is almost November 2018 on steroids version 

12 minutes ago, Noteaster101 said:

Little worried about Bernie Raynos forecast of mixing issues and the dreaded dry slots in New York City and Long Island keeping snow totals down to 6 to 12 inches, even though I’m in the lower Hudson Valley and in a good place, I’m worried about mixing issues here also in Rockland County, any thoughts on Raynos forecast?

I just don't see the mixing being an issue until after the heaviest amounts have moved through. I expect some freezing drizzle to glaze the snow that fell. But what do I know :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Juturna said:

I just don't see the mixing being an issue until after the heaviest amounts have moved through. I expect some freezing drizzle to glaze the snow that fell. But what do I know :lol:

I agree that’s the most likely outcome although probably drizzle not freezing drizzle as surface will be above freezing 

24 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Rgem would actually flip nyc and especially LI to legit rain but I think it’s overamped

I think the "flip to rain" is just a matter of where the dry slot shows up/. At that point between 1 and 1.5 QPF is already fallen and we are talking about 2-3 inches of "wasted" snow

• Like 1

Just now, White Gorilla said:

What is the reason for that axis of heaviest snow from PA trending northeast on the models ? 

It doesn't look like it just expands NE, it looks like it expands in all directions. 

35 minutes ago, Noteaster101 said:

Little worried about Bernie Raynos forecast of mixing issues and the dreaded dry slots in New York City and Long Island keeping snow totals down to 6 to 12 inches, even though I’m in the lower Hudson Valley and in a good place, I’m worried about mixing issues here also in Rockland County, any thoughts on Raynos forecast?

It will come down fast and furious before any dry slot. Storm is moving slowly so most locations should see a foot before dry slot but it is a concern especially if Euro verifies.