• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

10 minutes ago, Northof78 said:
Kutcher a, about 2’ from 78 north, 20” for NYC and up to 30” for spots in N NJ/ S NY state

snku_acc.conus.png

I think Kuchera amount for nyc is prob closer to 24 inches. It's hard to tell due to the low resolution of this map, but I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The storm force onshore flow will result in moderate to locally low end major coastal flooding. So places like Freeport on the water may see their snowpack get floated like icebergs. I saw this with several blizzards in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Edubbs83 said:

Precip shield looks less organized than last night.  Maybe expected. Any one have an idea of start time today for western LI.  Around early evening? 

Yes expected. Enjoy the day and don’t watch the radar too closely. Wouldn’t expect anything interesting at our latitude until tonight at the earliest.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Nam 

This is just for tomorrow with more to go

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

FWIW, just heard a pro say the NAM has been consistent enough that he's sticking with it; doesn't expect much mixing except at the Twin Forks, with most of LI getting a foot an the city as well ( or more ) before any change to rain.

Little worried about Bernie Raynos forecast of mixing issues and the dreaded dry slots in New York City and Long Island keeping snow totals down to 6 to 12 inches, even though I’m in the lower Hudson Valley and in a good place, I’m worried about mixing issues here also in Rockland County, any thoughts on Raynos forecast?