• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

Just now, sferic said:

Horrible run for Liberty NY, virtually nothing. I'll wait for the full 00z suite so see if that beautiful green color moves 100 miles NW or come back to Lynbrook

@crossbowftw3 @Ericjcrash@snywx comments?

Very unusual situation here. WSWatch hoisted but this isn’t guaranteed in the slightest. We have to keep watching this and won’t hone in on one common solution until tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, mannylovessnow said:

Is the NAM considered reliable at this point? Or should we focus more on the Euro? 

Too far out still to an extent though at 48-60 the NAM is not as bad as it is from 60-84.  If the NAM is showing virtually the same idea run to run with only minor changes its more likely to be onto something than if you see big changes.  This is the 3rd consecutive run now where it has not moved much.

• Like 1

Everything up to 36hrs looks good. We'll pick up a few inches with the overrunning. 

Then they'll likely be a lull as the coastal takes over and finally precip will explode over our area as the low may loop around just offshore. 

After that we'll have to see where the heaviest bands set up and if we get dry slotted. That will determine who gets the 12-20" amounts.

Should be fun to watch unfold.

2 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Very unusual situation here. WSWatch hoisted but this isn’t guaranteed in the slightest. We have to keep watching this and won’t hone in on one common solution until tomorrow.

Yup just noticed the WSW Let's wait for the full run of 00z tonight. We're good for between 1 and 18 inches

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wxman said:

It's a pretty wide spread of solutions relatively close in to game time.  Does Doylestown get 30" or 7"?  This is the kind of spread that one expects last Thursday at 12Z.

Sort of but it all comes down to banding so it can be sometimes hard to differentiate who gets 10 and who gets 25. I don’t believe anyone is quite getting 30. 

2 minutes ago, Torch said:

They nailed it this far out in December...

They did but this situation feels so much more volatile for us North of 84. We were always guaranteed a good event then, but this time much less so. Effectively speaking the margin of error between 1" and over a foot is very thin. I've forgotten how it feels to be in this situation :lol:

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic