• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It is an analog on CIPS

There is a good snowstorm coming for NYC, no doubt. Twitter is ridiculous though, I’m seeing people comparing this storm to February, 2006, January, 2016, December, 2010, February, 2010, January, 1996. Ludicrous comparisons, completely different setups, totally. Some people go with the most historic snowstorms ever in NYC every time a storm is coming and say they are great analogs and identical setups and run with it for hype and clickbait. It’s like everytime there’s a storm off the east coast, those historic storms become “great analogs” and “identical setups” to some, every winter.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Agree. The consensus with the biggest totals is further south.

Good to see Nam move away from a hugger. 

How much closer do we see these goalposts narrow today do you think? I’m still discounting bigger totals this far north in Sullivan but as I’ve said all morning marginal warning level snows seems to be growing ever plausible here. 

4 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

How much closer do we see these goalposts narrow today do you think? I’m still discounting bigger totals this far north in Sullivan but as I’ve said all morning marginal warning level snows seems to be growing ever plausible here. 

It may not be so bad up there. It’ll be a slower event than here but it may pile up in the end to not too dissimilar amounts. 

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic