• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

41 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

all posts about so and so on channel 119 or twitter should go to the vendor thread

Yes but we're in between model runs.  It's been a bit since our last blockbuster.  This has the potential to be 12"+ in parts of our sub.  Let's have a little fun around here. 

Just now, Rjay said:

His map is a bit too specific for me at this lead time but it def highlights the fact this could be a big one.  

Yes that’s basically what i meant to say.  potential is definitely on the table.  I just thing calling for 20+ is kinda pushing it, but definitely potential for someone to get it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I understand fully. But look at the totals surrounding it. This is not an elevation storm, and areas south of there are high elevations also in Ulster. Probably higher I believe.

Downsloping with that NE flow. Anyone on the west side of those 3-4k hills/mountains are prob gonna suffer a bit from downsloping. Almost every piece of guidance has it 

• Like 5

Just now, snywx said:

Downsloping with that NE flow. Anyone on the west side of those 3-4k hills/mountains are prob gonna suffer a bit from diwnsloping. Almost every piece of guidance has it 

I get it. But my real reason for that post was that means they think moisture will be pretty far north. That may be a good sign for the interior?

Been away for 5 hours. No change to headline tonight...my guess is that we're locking onto an 8-16" event somewhere between I95-i84 with banding and downslope valley shadows modifying amounts.  Usually where the max qpf is where mix/rain intrudes. My guess is we'll see a mix to I95 but I could be too far northwest on that,  which benefits all our LI/PA/NJ big snowstorm folks. For now, I suspect somewhat lower amounts NORTH of I84 but reserve the right to change... Yes I could see pockets ~20" but that's with 24 hours snow and no sleet. Not confident enough to make any thread headline adjustments. Here's from WPC this afternoon. Will revisit around 615A

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 5.40.01 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

I get it. But my real reason for that post was that means they think moisture will be pretty far north. That may be a good sign for the interior?

Not necessarily. With those elevations they usually make the best of whatever moisture is available. It’s gonna be pure fluff there. Hunter can prob squeeze 3” out of .15” LE

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

For once we may not have an issue with mid-level temperatures. 

We have to keep watching the mid level low tracks. This can trend back to a place where the 700/850 lows track NW of many and the dryslot and rain come back. There’s still time for that too. Right now it’s perfect for LI/NYC/central NJ but 72 hours left. 

14 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We have to keep watching the mid level low tracks. This can trend back to a place where the 700/850 lows track NW of many and the dryslot and rain come back. There’s still time for that too. Right now it’s perfect for LI/NYC/central NJ but 72 hours left. 

What are the odds that we have mixing issues on Long Island ?

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic