• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

6 minutes ago, snywx said:

Very very rarely does ACY see a big time snow event with NW areas cashing in as well. Coastal areas need to mix to get us into the goods. This is looking like a I-78 south special 

This definitely trended south models were 42 in ACY a few days ago. I hope it’s just not too far south that even the immediate to metro area doesn’t cash in. 

Just now, CarLover014 said:

Would the "warm" ocean temperatures be an issue for coastal NJ? I think it might be another sharp cutoff east of the GSP. 

It isn’t as much a problem this time vs in December when there was practically no snow south of Sandy Hook. But a long NE fetch would likely warm the surface up especially south of Asbury Park. 

• Thanks 1

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic