• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

2 hours ago, USCG RS said:

The upper levels on the 00z Euro do not quite support MSLP. 

The phase is just a hair off also. I would be interested to see the ensembles and I would say that the Euro is off kilter currently. 

The EPS looks the same. Agrees with the Euro operational

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

For NYC maybe, areas to the north and west don’t look good. But look at the new ICON, GFS, and even the NAM at the end of its run, they are all going south now like the Euro/EPS. The 12z Ukie was the start of the trend

Did you look at the 0z ukie ? Come on.

• Like 1

No modeling insights: Drew my conclusions from modeling consensus. Patience needed.  

554AM Friday 1/29: 00z06z/29 GEFS/00z/29 GEPS are the heavies including 00z-06z/29 V16 and now the 00z/29 UKMET. Yikes? Where is the EPS? SO... big snowstorm potential but rather than overcommit, especially since WPC followed the EPS downgrade fairly close. Still 3 days away. Watch the NAM trends... this is it's game, imo. 

NOT much change from previous due to still variable model solutions. Left rain in for LI and I95 sewd sometime Monday afternoon-early Tue?; changed ice to ice pellets, and held onto wind event which would probably be restricted to the coasts. Added coastal flooding: too long a duration of gale force ne winds acting upon an astronomically normal tide will result in a substantial surge. Coastal flooding could be multiple high tide cycles beginning midday Monday through midday Tuesday and current outlooks are for the greatest threat with the midnight Monday night high tide cycle. Minor coastal flooding seems probable for one of the high tide cycles, but moderate not out of the question.  Stay tuned to NWS products as we draw closer

Timing  UNCERTAIN: Held the 31st for the start in our forum,  but probably restricted to PA/NJ/LI, with the heaviest snow there slated for sometime Monday before a possible dry slot changes to mixed pcpn parts of the I95 corridor?. The I84 region may have to wait til  sunrise Monday  and I90 possibly til Monday afternoon?? Not worried about the ending yet, since first it has to start, but probably bands circling south and southeastward through at least part of Tuesday. 

EPS/EC 12z/28 and 00z/289 surprisingly southeast of multiple op's and ensembles. WPC overnight responded southeastward. The upcoming planned March implementation of the GFS v16 was quite robust again on the 00z and a bit less so on the 06z/29 cycle so rather than shift too far south and have to go back north, am holding onto a widespread snowstorm. Best axis: ? unknown. Long duration, especially NJ/PA. There could be heavy snow in the comma head deformation zone north of modeled qpf, but far too early to find consensus on the comma head, due to modeling differences. 

Not a major concern but monitoring for WET 32-33F snow near the coasts... not going into this any further till we have consensus on temps/amounts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic