• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you live on the ocean you should expect mixing issues period. It comes with the territory. 

That’s only recent since the 18-19 winter. Most people don’t realize that ISP and other parts of LI  did much better in snowfall from 09-10 to 17-18 than NYC did. Long Island P-Types are storm track dependent. We had many storms over this period that were mostly snow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

That’s only recent since the 18-19 winter. Most people don’t realize that ISP and other parts of LI  did much better in snowfall from 09-10 to 17-18 than NYC did. Long Island P-Types are storm track dependent. We had many storms over this period that were mostly snow.

The last few winters have been a correction back towards the norm and away from the anomaly that was the last 10+ years.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you live on the ocean you should expect mixing issues period. It comes with the territory. 

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The last few winters have been a correction back towards the norm and away from the anomaly that was the last 10+ years.

Our memories are short and biases real. It's why means and averages exist.

I don't wish to see anyone not get what they want, but nature doesn't care. I mean, @MMU, my entire childhood I was annoyed with the higher elevations that I could see any time I was on Route 10. Then, we got hit more than they did in the past 15 years or so. 

The Office Reaction GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

May through September makes it all worthwhile living at the beach.  Anyways, yes I am concerned about mixing or dryslotting with a low that tucked against Assateague Island as shown on the GFS despite it ticking south.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

May through September makes it all worthwhile living at the beach.  Anyways, yes I am concerned about mixing or dryslotting with a low that tucked against Assateague Island as shown on the GFS despite it ticking south.  

I love the Jersey shore but it's not an ideal place to be during a snowstorm in NYC. Usually if it's going to snow big in South Jersey areas further North miss out or are fringed.

10 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

I love the Jersey shore but it's not an ideal place to be during a snowstorm in NYC. Usually if it's going to snow big in South Jersey areas further North miss out or are fringed.

Wdrag mentioned a few posts ago about above normal SST’s off NJ/DE might come into play to some extent. We’ll see. 

Internet slow here in nw NJ. Another WPC placeholder till we all can fully evaluate all the modeling. This is the 12z/28 WPC D4-8, may be difficult to view? It's not yet updated on normal displays there, but my interp...they are going more and more in, certainly more likely than the 00z/28 stat version off D4-8.  

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 1.31.07 PM.png

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic