• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

If that’s correct, I feel bad for the guys who plow snow. It’s literally impossible to keep up with that, totally impossible. Hopefully people are smart and stay the hell off the roads so they don’t get stuck and add to the chaos that will be ensuing 

Yeah, this looks like it will be the 11th storm to max out at 20”+ somewhere in the OKX forecast zones since the 09-10 winter.

• Like 1

My T has flirted with 30 degrees all afternoon here in CI.        This seems 3 degrees higher than it is supposed to be at storm onset.         Are we expecting evaporational cooling?      My RH is low enough at 53% now for that to happen, I suppose.

If we don't pull down 9"+ tomorrow, during the heavy precipitation  PM period you can forget about a 20-incher.

All the parameters argue heaviest snow likely is in a corridor across north central Westchester-Rockland-northern Bergen and Passaic and west.  Their positioning coupled with snow growth and being right near that -4C 850 isotherm tells me somewhere in that area gets 3-5 inches an hour for a time tomorrow

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

All the parameters argue heaviest snow likely is in a corridor across north central Westchester-Rockland-northern Bergen and Passaic and west.  Their positioning coupled with snow growth and being right near that -4C 850 isotherm tells me somewhere in that area gets 3-5 inches an hour for a time tomorrow

Makes me a little nervous to the south in Somerset Co. Going to be a big gradient between TTN and MMU. 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:38 AM, snowman19 said:

If anyone is really expecting the biggest NYC snowstorm ever in history (over 27 inches - January, 2016) this week, they’re probably going to be very sorely disappointed 

That is approaching January, 2016, February, 2006 territory right there. Hard to believe....

lol

• Haha 5

They throw them out every storm, January, 1996 too. I made that comment yesterday morning, it looked nothing like it does right now yesterday morning 

Yes they do but sometimes it's warranted. This was clearly not progged to be an ordinary storm.

Several mets picked up on this over a week ago.

That being said I won't count my chickens yet.

They throw them out every storm, January, 1996 too. I made that comment yesterday morning, it looked nothing like it does right now yesterday morning 

It started to trend this way Friday nights runs and a some people said qpf would increase closer to event with such a strong east wind 

Oh boy

WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
TO 6 AM EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 20
inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Southwestern Suffolk, Southern Nassau, Northern Nassau
and Northwestern Suffolk Counties.

• Like 2