• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Amped is winning out as expected but hopefully we can get a small shift east before start. NYC and LI will probably be warm enough for rain for a time but it will be when the heavy precip is over anyway, so most end up getting about the same amounts, but the highest would be NW where you also get the better ratios. 

There will be a tick east. It's already coming in and temps are colder than forecast. 

I like where the GEFS have this thing. 

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There will be a tick east. It's already coming in and temps are colder than forecast. 

I like where the GEFS have this thing. 

Colder now has nothing to do with the warmth that will come in once coastal cranks but precipitation coming in early and more overrunning means higher totals before any changeover 

1 hour ago, HVSnowLover said:

I’m still not expecting much if anything today still think a lot of virga nyc north 

I hope you're right, I need to be out and about getting stuff done between Danbury and home until about 7pm.

8 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Anyone have any suggestions for radar to use vs the new crappy NWS radar?

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/WXTYPE/loop25ne.html  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=OKX-N0Q-0-24-100-usa-rad

48 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Amped is winning out as expected but hopefully we can get a small shift east before start. NYC and LI will probably be warm enough for rain for a time but it will be when the heavy precip is over anyway, so most end up getting about the same amounts, but the highest would be NW where you also get the better ratios. 

Euro just came in colder. Hm. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Anyone have any suggestions for radar to use vs the new crappy NWS radar?

I use radar scope, it’s really good and updates every 10 minutes, costs $10 in the App Store . But I have it for years and it’s worth it.

it won’t let me post the link , so just look for RadarScope in the App Store. 

38C41CCA-C93C-4EF2-A502-BF203D2F8723.jpeg

• Like 1