• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

1 minute ago, lee59 said:

Yea the rgem seems to keep the coastal more tucked in and the nam more offshore

A compromise would be nice. 

I have a feeling north central NJ extending into eastern PA could jackpot here. 

Under WSW for 11-15" which is pretty good given where we stand.

I think we are more likely to see higher amounts than lower with this storm given the extended duration and intense easterly moisture flow.

6 minutes ago, David-LI said:

What are you seeing that the models aren't? Enlighten us.

20 years of following the eta and NAM model. Run after run during big snowstorms. I’m not saying nyc region isn’t doing awesome in this storm at all, what it did for pa and nw sections is a joke that’s all

For the long islanders, I know there a lot of folks here who like Joe Cioffi, myself included.  I think he was posting here at one point (maybe is still posting here?)

He's got LI at "at least 6-12" to the west, "at least 4-6" east.

https://www.meteorologistjoecioffi.com/winter-storm-watch-long-island-sunday-night-into-tuesday-at-least-6-to-12-inches-forecast/

1 minute ago, 495weatherguy said:

I agree-don’t have the background or knowledge base to support my theory.  Just practical experience tells me that rain will somehow get into the forecast for Long Island.

You can add gfs to that list. Doesn’t mean they can’t tick back east a bit but right now NAM is on its own with the evolution of the storm 

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic