• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

Just now, jm1220 said:

The Euro did dig more and has the stalled/tucked kind of solution where warm air can wrap around from the east. So we don't want that continuing especially east of NYC. 

I’d could see possible flooding for eastern LI if it’s like 6-12 inches of snow and then a period of heavy rain. From NYC west any flip to rain I would think is light and at the tail end 

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

I’d could see possible flooding for eastern LI if it’s like 6-12 inches of snow and then a period of heavy rain. From NYC west any flip to rain I would think is light and at the tail end 

There is NO rain anywhere NYC west. Not sure why you keep saying that. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

The Euro did dig more and has the stalled/tucked kind of solution where warm air can wrap around from the east. So we don't want that continuing especially east of NYC. 

Regardless we should still get 6-12" from the overrunning and initial dump. We may also get some backside snows as the low pulls east. 

There's no need to panic. 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That wouldn't be rain it would be a dry slot. Probably freezing drizzle.

Yeah all the frames with "rain" are essentially <0.01" of QPF on the Euro. That's the typical frizzle you get after big storms, and I do expect it to happen here. Could it compress the pack? Sure. Another reason to make sure you measure frequently with this storm, as it's a long drawn out event.

• Like 1

When I said days ago I would rather be in NYC than SNE I did not mean it for the reason it may transpire lol...the way the system tracks trying to make the appearance of an exit and then taking the north hook or turn like 3/2013 could allow warmer air to make enrodes there faster/more west.  My initial concerns were the jackpot of snow would simply be SW of them

25 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

that CCB rots all the way up near Binghamton or am I reading the map wrong? Models have shifted dramatically the last 24 hours, wow.

I would laugh with misery if Binghamton to Alb jackpots like 12/17 again.  Euro and other models show different qpf distribution this time, however. 

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic