• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

Tonight has to be the last of the NW jumps for NYC and the coast. The front end thump can work out fine but now we're relying on that to a dryslot when it gets marginally warm. It's never a great feeling. 12/17 was supposed to work out that way until it went to shredded garbage. The mid level lows are taking better tracks this time so far so hope that holds. But NW posters, totally in the game. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Tonight has to be the last of the NW jumps for NYC and the coast. The front end thump can work out fine but now we're relying on that to a dryslot when it gets marginally warm. It's never a great feeling. 12/17 was supposed to work out that way until it went to shredded garbage. The mid level lows are taking better tracks this time so far so hope that holds. But NW posters, totally in the game. 

We were first worried about suppression and now we are worried about being this being far NW lol

• Like 2

Just now, MJO812 said:

We were first worried about suppression and now we are worried about being this being far NW lol

I was never really worried about suppression in this pattern. Some places like Liberty may be on the edge still but in a mod-strong Nina with something like this coming in, this was taking every inch north it could. 

• Like 1

I gotta admit, these big north jumps have me a bit concerned for us at the coast. As I said earlier today, I don't feel like these north trends are done and I still don't think they're done. Another 50-75 mile jump north and it could be like the December storm again which was fine but had loads more potential than what transpired at the coast and nearby suburbs.

Just now, kat5hurricane said:

I gotta admit, these big north jumps have me a bit concerned for us at the coast. As I said earlier today, I don't feel like these north trends are done and I still don't think they're done. Another 50-75 mile jump north and it could be like the December storm again.

I think this is a very reasonable concern. I am not saying that it's going to happen or is the favorite to happen, but that scenario is definitely in play and being fearful of that is reasonable imo

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic