• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.

wdrag

3 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

Seems like a BM track, what's causing the mix?

Lack of a fresh High supplying cold air or not strong enough of a storm to generate its own? Something else?

Probably because on the EURO the LP was actually slightly inland from the coast sitting there too long pumping in too much ocean air

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The south based block was a little stronger today east of Cape Cod on the Euro than yesterday. So the UL was further back to the west. This allows the surface low to tuck in more for a warmer solution near the coast.

it's slower to eject the s/w

• Like 1

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Everyone is in for several hours of overrunning on Sunday night and Monday morning before any hint of a warm layer. If you live on the immediate coast, you're going to have mixing issues. It shouldn't be surprising, it's the case with almost every storm.

This. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Everyone is in for several hours of overrunning on Sunday night and Monday morning before any hint of a warm layer. If you live on the immediate coast, you're going to have mixing issues. It shouldn't be surprising, it's the case with almost every storm.

This isn't mixing issues lol. This Is 2" of snow in 24 hrs lol. Its basically all rain 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If the overrunning makes it to our latitude

11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Depends on the track

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Its 35 at NYC on that run at the height of the storm and even warmer on LI. There are going to mixing issues on that run hence the lower totals near the coast but again it's only one run.

The above layers are plenty cold. LI has dry slot issues which keeps their totals lower. 

Eps mean southeast of the op. Looks great

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It’s way too soon to say there will or won’t be anything. And there have been plenty of big storms where I lived right near the beach that were all snow, some fairly recently like in 17-18. 

• Like 2

KU top 10?  I'm not thinking this, nor a beast but a snowstorm seems ahead for parts of I95 corridor and probably inland.  Some signs of development a little too late. GEFS/GEPS have a good snow event but a little concerned about GEPS/GEFS/NAEFS offering only a general 0.4-0.8 qpf.  Could be too low and undoubtedly there has to be accentuated snowfall on the inside edge of the comma head, wherever that may be nnw of the closed low.  Adding a bunch of guidance: WPC stat prob of 3+" in subsequent days. Back tomorrow morn.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.13.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 2.13.37 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_2_14.06_PM.png

• Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

FWIW Ijust saw Lee Goldberg on tv. He said theres possibility of a decent snow, but right now he's expecting just on and off snow and rain showers for Monday.

It's stuff like this that makes me glad I haven't watched a local TV weather cast in 15 yrs

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Major Nor'easter near blizzard (6"+ most of our area-best chance 20-30" north of I78 in ne PA, nw NJ, se NYS)-ice-rain-power outage NYC subforum late Sunday Jan 31-early Tue Feb 2.
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic