Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

Jan 26-27 light snows

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

rgem is north too. 

Looked weak sauce too.  Maybe 2-3" for somebody who gets the good MLM.   Hoping for 1-2" here.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Looked weak sauce too.  Maybe 2-3" for somebody who gets the good MLM.   Hoping for 1-2" here.

RGEM looked like more than that for many. Like solid advisory for a large chunk of SNE. 

5 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Trends continue to suck for us maybe an inch or two for us? 

I don't think there is much more than that for anybody.  An isolated spot 4" somewhere on the E Slope of the Berkshires?

i hope nobody thinks they are getting more than 3" out of this and that is not set.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Trends continue to suck for us maybe an inch or two for us? 

Sounds about right. I’ve thought 1-2” all along even when the debbies were congratulating swct. One day though the inside d3 north trends will benefit us when it matters the most, one day. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM looked like more than that for many. Like solid advisory for a large chunk of SNE. 

OK, I was not impressed with the precipitation.  Saturation looks decent so maybe we get good snow growth?

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

OK, I was not impressed with the precipitation.  Saturation looks decent so maybe we get good snow growth?

The snow growth looks good. But obviously that could still change. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:
Congrats:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

I mean yes, I hope so but I don't trust that with this system unless it looks like it's coming in with a solid precipitation field.  Gonna' be a radar cheerleader day fo sho.

I mean yes, I hope so but I don't trust that with this system unless it looks like it's coming in with a solid precipitation field.  Gonna' be a radar cheerleader day fo sho.

Yea. I’m not trusting snow maps with this but your area looks better and better. 

This event isn’t supposed to impress for rates. It’s a long duration event. It might snow for 30 hours and you have 3-4” to show for it. Maybe even longer.

So the radar isn’t required to look amazing to reach 3 or 4 inches if you are snowing for that long of a duration. 

That said, still probably best to keep low expectations until we’re another 24 hours closer since this type of system isn’t super stable on model guidance. But I do see potential for some upside. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Congrats dendy. Just sits back and watches the trends come to his backyard when it matters most. 

From 0.0” on last night’s run to this wizardry.

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

From 0.0” on last night’s run to this wizardry.

image.png

First time for everything, BDendy using Kuchie Koo

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Gfs like Albany into SVT and SNH. Highest confidence area is probably around Albany. 

Good initial thump up front for Albany.  That's a few hours of good snow rates!   Lingers snow in SNE for days.