• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nor'easter Snow Thursday the 28th-does it miss southeast or can it have significant impact in NJ/LI/CT?

wdrag

8 minutes ago, bluewave said:

There may be a silver lining for us from this event. I believe this is the first cold season 960s class low south of 38 N off the East Coast since 2018. The coastal storm track has been nearly dormant the last few years. So perhaps this is a precursor storm for something closer to the BM in February or March. In any event, it looks like hurricane force wind warnings will be required for that part of the Atlantic this week. So something for shipping interests to avoid.

6BDE6EEE-7709-434B-990F-E9961C389480.thumb.png.241d617caa6d2e6ad5c2f9ef8a9f595e.png

1A85823B-AE74-4886-A5BF-185388A3688C.thumb.png.d3164f43bfa339b4b341ab2956330ba6.png

I normally do not trust models, even at this range handling vorts in Canada but in this case since the vort is basically already there you'd think its being sampled correctly...the wildcard could be the shortwave when it comes ashore in the west being sampled and being much more potent but that likely won't save us up here, it could save S NJ/S PA and DCA though I think if that ends up being more vigorous and is able to get the system more north before its shoved out

Why is it that even if all the models were showing a direct hit we would not be the least bit surprised of a shift a few hundred miles to screw us?  YES, I get what the models are showing and a miss makes perfect sense at this time, but the models aren't close to perfect at this range and enough of a shift could still happen that gets us into the good snows.  Could also miss further south or develop too late, but this will hold my interest until at least the 00z runs tomorrow. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

8 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

At least they'll stop the snowless streak but yea not looking like a major storm for them at this point

At this point WDC is within 10 days of setting their longest snow-less streak so why bother breaking it now? Go for the gold, I'm hoping Thursdays storm hits Hilton Head.

• Thanks 1