Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely roaring out there. Had a bunch of 35-40+ gusts . Running into those headwinds was not fun. Temp dropped 6 degrees in the CAA and what was wet pavement had iced up even above 32.

Yea ripping here. Evaporative cooling is a cool phenomenon.  Did you know the twins family Maxon visited. I saw he tweeted about you.

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Likewise we’ll be going on a month with snow here which hasn’t happened in awhile. So it made Feb all that nicer.  To be honest, I secretly enjoyed 18-19. It wasn’t a pack winter, but it seemed like each storm we got sort of exceeded my expectations. If that makes any sense. It started with the November snow and ended with the March bomb. 

Well,. sort of, but when my expected 1" event drops 2" it doesn't move the needle much.  For an active February with many chances, having no double-digit storms and only one bigger than 3" is a downer, especially when I see several NNJ sites with more snow this month than I've had all season.

They were talking on news this AM about how February has been below normal for temps.  We in the minority because TAN is at +1.1F.

Jan +4.0

Dec  +3.1

Yesterday's +16 moved our average back into AN range, will probably finish avg to +1.

OCT    -1.5
NOV   +2.0
DEC    +4.3
JAN    +5.6 
FEB     +0.6  thru yesterday
Autumns with BN Oct and AN Nov almost always mean bad news for the coming winter here.  Same for the much longer POR at Farmington.

Assuming March doesn't produce anything of substance, this winter gets a D-. Way below avg sn, AN temps, no arctic outbreaks, never had a morning below 0, Jan snooze fest, porked in Feb for sn, grinch stole xmas again. The only two things I can say were decent was last ~3wks, we had good sn retention due to avg temps and dec's snow leading up to the grinch. as others have said, if it weren't for the grinch, we would have coasted through much of Jan with a decent pack otg. Pretty sad when dec produced the most amount of sn.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Assuming March doesn't produce anything of substance, this winter gets a D-. Way below avg sn, AN temps, no arctic outbreaks, never had a morning below 0, Jan snooze fest, porked in Feb for sn, grinch stole xmas again. The only two things I can say were decent was last ~3wks, we had good sn retention due to avg temps and dec's snow leading up to the grinch. as others have said, if it weren't for the grinch, we would have coasted through much of Jan with a decent pack otg. Pretty sad when dec produced the most amount of sn.

I can't go lower than a C-....I'm solidly below normal snowfall, but its not bad enough to be memorable....just about what I thought going in.

I really enjoyed the Feb 1 event, and even the 12/17 event was decent, despite being screwed. Extended time with deep pack in Feb.....C- at the moment.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Looks warmer than the last system. I don't think they'll be much except maybe for Dave on N and W. 

Cool. Oh, well....I find it hard to believe that I won't be able to sneak an inch or two in March, at some point.

I'm going to fall short of 30" in Feb, but I know a lot of the area probably hit it.

Havent followed weather with nothing interesting on the radar.  Used to wind, but last night came as a mild shock.  I woke from my edible induced sleep hearing whipping winds and my first thought was that a rogue planet  had entered our solar system and the gravitational pull was enough to accelerate wind speeds

1 minute ago, The Graupler said:

Havent followed weather with nothing interesting on the radar.  Used to wind, but last night came as a mild shock.  I woke from my edible induced sleep hearing whipping winds and my first thought was that a rogue planet  had entered our solar system and the gravitational pull was enough to accelerate wind speeds

Hands felt like two balloons?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would like to grab 1.5" more on the season, which should be doable.

I haven't looked, but hopefully I can get a bit Saturday.

It might only be western and central sections. Only reason is it comes in early morning. Might not even be an inch but it could coat. For last event of season , it’s all we’ve got 

• Like 1