Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yep, and even some of the Philly suburbs are top 5 or 10 all time FEB snowfall.  Nice zone from there up through SNE

Feb was pretty boring outside of the storm on the 1st. Total snoozer. Yeah, some bread and butter around but nothing special. 

Good snowpack and temp regime, however. Good for skiing. 

I hope March is active at least. Such a boring stretch but I still see signs the wood chipper is in place to shred storms. 

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

That early Feb system where we got 5 inches of glop, we were just on the line.  I'll bet Blue Hill received well over a foot on that one.

That system is nearly the exact difference between you and I.  I probably have some elevation in you and somehow managed 9 inches of cement.

40 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

snow_ytd_neng.png

Has my entire county in SVT above 80"--that's a pretty big county wide crushing, although I think its high down in Bennington where it shows the 82"--don't think it's that high in the  extreme SW part of the state.

104.3" here, definitely higher than climo average for sure.

Just now, backedgeapproaching said:

Has my entire county in SVT above 80"--that's a pretty big county wide crushing, although I think its high down in Bennington where it shows the 82"--don't think it's that high in the  extreme SW part of the state.

That looks like Green Mountain range is 80s

4 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

That’s pretty good. About 115” here. Your 40” spot in December helps as mentioned before. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That looks like Green Mountain range is 80s

Yea, most of the county is made up of the Taconics and Greens, so the map is just smoothed out I guess missing some of the valleys that slice through.  But I would say even most valleys are near 80 outside of down by DDH like I mentioned.

23 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What's your estimate for Sherborn / Holliston?

I have about 61-62” in Holliston. I only did significantly worse than ORH in the 12/5 storm. I actually did slightly better than them in the 12/17, 2/7, and yesterday storms. They did a little better in a few other smaller ones. Basically a draw in the 2/1 storm.

What did Sherborn get in the 2/1 storm? There was a ridiculous cutoff just east of here. Millis center had about 7-8” of slime while we got destroyed up here. Prob depends where in Sherborn too. Did you notice a difference between Southborough and Sherborn in that one? Southborough obviously got crushed. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have about 61-62” in Holliston. I only did significantly worse than ORH in the 12/5 storm. I actually did slightly better than them in the 12/17, 2/7, and yesterday storms. They did a little better in a few other smaller ones. Basically a draw in the 2/1 storm.

What did Sherborn get in the 2/1 storm? There was a ridiculous cutoff just east of here. Millis center had about 7-8” of slime while we got destroyed up here. Prob depends where in Sherborn too. Did you notice a difference between Southborough and Sherborn in that one? Southborough obviously got crushed. 

See, this is what I mean...people like Scott call me out for bitching "because Holliston beat me by 1" in a random storm"....but this just proves my point. That area beating me by over a foot is a pork job...its not a random event here or there. It's been just about every event this season. I'm over it, at this point, but I'm glad you posted that because it illustrates my point perfectly.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 3

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sherborn did well 2/1 although less than southborough. Probably around 14 or 15. I'm located probably 2 mi from the holliston border. Thanks for all your great information. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

What's left on the roof . Picture taken today. Most was from 2/1.

left.jpg