Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

27 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

"which is hopeful."

I think a lot of people are just done with the cold and snow. More so than other years. Couped up indoors all the time and can't have any gatherings. Winter can end tomorrow and I'd be happy because it means golfing, fishing, and yard work.

Seriously though, the Euro op has three uninteresting >1000 mb lows passing the region. Stat padders if anything.

Why is anyone cooped up? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... agreed

winter death- math for dummies and deniers:

A  The AO/PNA/NAO at CPC are warm signaled by March  ( am aware that half the AO members attempt to sag back negative, but that at the end of week two but that is utterly undependable).  

B  The antecedent hemispheric footprint La Nina comes with warm spring climo

C  The HC wants to expand southern heights at all times ...built in at planetary scope

( A + B + C ) / 3   = ? 

While all that is occurred/ing/set to transpire ...  any given model run that shows a general synoptic distinction that is cold and snowy ... most by lucid problem solving skills be construed as incongruous ..

Anomalies nested in anomalies happen from time to time.. .. Like, one may observer 6 months in a positive temperature raging hard-on, but it gets really cold for two weeks inside... That two weeks is a negative anomaly, relative to the longer term warmth - ... So, sure, we could "bowling" ball in March.. .But money down?   bet at own risk...   Problem is?  Knee jerk reactions - taken to extreme and absolutes... Some comes in here and sensibly and rationally gives reason to veraciously conclude along a warm correction vector, and we get this steady stream of 'cancel winter' waving.  

I think folks should almost expect a balmy expansion away from winter at some point next month... arriving at any time really after the next couple weeks. Whether that times for first, 2nd or 3rd week... whatever.  I mean I'm already seeing attempts in the numerical guidance.  The latitudes beneath roughly 37 deg across ever E of Denver on the 00z Euro... from D4 on, ...that is spring in the south folks.  Like this ICON ...These types of thickness plumes are bubbling out of the south at times now - it's not that this may verify unto itself...it is increasing in frequency in modeling ...a manifestation of all the above, and that fact that winter can't f'ing last for ever - get over it.

image.png.a462728726ce0f0581d1d99a475aa64a.png

That's an interesting observation since CPC uses the GEFS

download (94).png

download (95).png

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What does that mean exactly  ha

...seriously curious there, what constitutes canceling of winter, in a discrete, comprehensively intelligible definition.

I think most would agree that it is cooler now that it will be in July.  That is acceptance that it is, in fact, winter.

yeah, i don't think you are going to get that here.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I can tell you what you can do with the blocking.

right there with you.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Got you. Seems like earlier depictions had previously developing overhead, so we missed out on most of what fell. Marginal temps are another problem. Lots going against that one. Some upside potential though. 

18z gfs loves a rainy night Monday.