• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

The 00z GEF -based teleconnector coverage still looks rather warm in the AO and distant PNA ... So, the EPS signaling that ( assuming as we close out the month ..) not surprising.

They could be rushing things though..

I'm also wondering if the PNA sagging out there may be accompanied by an EPO block...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hate to question you but do you mean 2/22/2008?  Or like Ray said 2010?

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

022221.png

2009. Ginxy posted above. 

Ask tamarack about that one. 

For N ORH county it was a sloppy 4-6” iirc. Doesn’t mean we’re getting the same result but that run today reminded me of that storm and it’s evolution. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

For N ORH county it was a sloppy 4-6” iirc. Doesn’t mean we’re getting the same result but that run today reminded me of that storm and it’s evolution. 

Randolph data doesn't go back that far, but Berlin had 12" on 0.83" liquid, so probably another 15"+ storm here.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Fat lady busting out a few cords.

image.png.3ee8325ebf39c761c9d0046a7f1b88fe.png

I'm open for whatever at this point.  With that in mind does the Euro and its ENS have a tendency to drive troughs into the west?  Just seems like something I have noticed they tend to correct east maybe it's just my eyes.  IMO looks like a classic battle in March coming up with spring pushing from the south and what's left of the cold from the north.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty sure that was a kickoff foot to a great vacation week. Stayed in Conway we skied Attitash, Wildcat, Bretton, and Cranmore.  Bluebird week with about 3 feet OTG. I have pics somewhere 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ScituateWX said:

I'm open for whatever at this point.  With that in mind does the Euro and its ENS have a tendency to drive troughs into the west?  Just seems like something I have noticed they tend to correct east maybe it's just my eyes.  IMO looks like a classic battle in March coming up with spring pushing from the south and what's left of the cold from the north.  

If we can nudge those blues just a little east, it wouldn’t be bad. But verbatim right around 3/1 looks mild. Maybe it cools off a bit after the 5th or so? GEFs at least as of last night, looked better.

My son in Omaha crying for his Momma -26 at his house 

Had a busted pipe on Saturday, heat went out yesterday so we are huddled in the living room in front of the fireplace like a big slumber party. Kids schools shut down because it is too cold, and they are doing rolling power outages because the grid is being strained. But other than that we are great. Lol

I used to love winter, but this is something else entirely. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My son in Omaha crying for his Momma -26 at his house 

Had a busted pipe on Saturday, heat went out yesterday so we are huddled in the living room in front of the fireplace like a big slumber party. Kids schools shut down because it is too cold, and they are doing rolling power outages because the grid is being strained. But other than that we are great. Lol

I used to love winter, but this is something else entirely. 

He writes like you 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

In Texas they want to let heat out not keep it in

The same insulation that retains heat in winter should deflect away the heat from the sun in the summer months. If your insulation isn't up to scratch you will notice that the room that is colder in winter is the same room that is warmer in the summer.   I have such a room with a cathedral ceiling.  The roof insulation in that room is just below the roof shingles and is some kind of white flattish covering.  The only reason I know this is it showed when the roof was replaced some years ago.  Also, 3 of the 4 walls are exterior walls, which doesn't help.

18 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

The same insulation that retains heat in winter should deflect away the heat from the sun in the summer months. If your insulation isn't up to scratch you will notice that the room that is colder in winter is the same room that is warmer in the summer.   I have such a room with a cathedral ceiling.  The roof insulation in that room is just below the roof shingles and is some kind of white flattish covering.  The only reason I know this is it showed when the roof was replaced some years ago.  Also, 3 of the 4 walls are exterior walls, which doesn't help.

Ummm, Ginx retired after a career as a building engineer. I believe there was a hint of sarcasm in his reply. 

• Like 2