Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

45 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea and the Maniacs

This better deliver or else the dryslot and lava melts will be full on. I'm not sure they will make it past the system for Friday at this rate. If we don't get something real in this next period I won't be far behind them. As you've noted, our bread and butter in Maine is March and April when everyone else is golfing, so for us there's still 8 weeks of climo left. This is often when we get the best bowling balls too, but so far this season, all bets are off. I've got a week in Rangeley booked for late March, early April. Will either be full on winter or spring skiing and goggle tans. I'm fine with either. 

Just now, NW_of_GYX said:

This better deliver or else the dryslot and lava melts will be full on. I'm not sure they will make it past the system for Friday at this rate. If we don't get something real in this next period I won't be far behind them. As you've noted, our bread and butter in Maine is March and April when everyone else is golfing, so for us there's still 8 weeks of climo left. This is often when we get the best bowling balls too, but so far this season, all bets are off. I've got a week in Rangeley booked for late March, early April. Will either be full on winter or spring skiing and goggle tans. I'm fine with either. 

People have been commenting how great the Loaf has been

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

People have been commenting how great the Loaf has been

Rangeley to Greenville corridor has been OK but still well below average. The difference for the Loaf this year has been lack of brutal cold and wind. I had some great skiing at Loaf well into April during that putrid 15-16 season. King of Spring for a reason. 

35 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Nice negative EPO and NAO.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_nhem_11.thumb.png.5b144da145e1899f5a3e71e7c4f3fd8e.png

This looks really good for us, somewhat similar to what I described in my post in regards to my March forecast. It looks like a piece of the polar vortex broke off from the main central-western Canada lobe and is chilling in eastern Canada, which is our cold source. Then to the southeast you have a La Niña induced southeast ridge, with a gradient between that will create a boundary. There is also energy coming into the west coast, which looks like it will move across the country and try to cut into Ohio due to the southeast ridge, but will be forced to redevelop underneath the polar vortex lobe in southeast Canada. The storms look to weaken in the Midwest and redevelop somewhere off the SE Jersey coast where the boundary is. DC will likely get screwed and Philly looks to be on the edge due to the Miller bs developing too late for them. Looking at where the gradient is this appears to be the type of pattern where NYC north gets hammered. This looks a lot better than it did a week ago and gives me confidence that I have the right idea as we head into March. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, George001 said:

This looks really good for us, somewhat similar to what I described in my post in regards to my March forecast. It looks like a piece of the polar vortex broke off from the main central-western Canada lobe and is chilling in eastern Canada, which is our cold source. Then to the southeast you have a La Niña induced southeast ridge, with a gradient between that will create a boundary. There is also energy coming into the west coast, which looks like it will move across the country and try to cut into Ohio due to the southeast ridge, but will be forced to redevelop underneath the polar vortex lobe in southeast Canada. The storms look to weaken in the Midwest and redevelop somewhere off the SE Jersey coast where the boundary is. DC will likely get screwed and Philly looks to be on the edge due to the Miller bs developing too late for them. Looking at where the gradient is this appears to be the type of pattern where NYC north gets hammered. This looks a lot better than it did a week ago and gives me confidence that I have the right idea as we head into March. 

That is a fairly mild look with zonal flow. That's not a good look for us on the EPS post day 10.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Fat lady busting out a few cords.

image.png.3ee8325ebf39c761c9d0046a7f1b88fe.png

I stand corrected, the 240 hours looks good but when rolled forward the european guidance seems to want to end the good pattern and go nuts with the se ridge. Do you have the map for the upper latitudes as well? The location of the polar vortex is key to whether this is just a quick warmup or an early spring. I thought for sure that 240 hour look would get even better as we went into early March.