Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It might be that one. It was a storm progged to hit.. then everything lost it OTS. Then the morning NAM and GFS brought it like 400 miles NW. I remember I was at my dads out in New Milford, texting Scooter from the bathroom asking for updates 

Only way to escape and not look like an asshole stuck to your phone. :lol:  We all have done it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Pretty confident that at least half the posts on this forum are made on the shit*ter. 

Ha, Not anymore, The wife caught on to that long ago, She use to ask why i was bringing the laptop into the bathroom, I told her because we don't get the newspaper anymore............................:lol:

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ha, Not anymore, The wife caught on to that long ago, She use to ask why i was bringing the laptop into the bathroom, I told her because we don't get the newspaper anymore............................:lol:

I give you credit for having the balls to bring in your laptop. phone is the only way to do it stealthily

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully that cold shot around V Day verifies warmer. I'd love to get through this winter unscathed with only a low of -1F. My bamboo may reach 20ft this year if that happens. Looks like a few good chances for snow in the coming week or so...pretty typical of Feb.

Move south maybe? LOL

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Agree 100%. Just to be clear, i said "in the cards"...def not my forecast or what im expecting atm. We're going in the right direction today and thats what matters right now.

I'm becoming a real fan of the GFS16 this winter (Dec 16-17, Feb 1-2) and looking back at the past 4 runs or so its had the least dramatic swings at the sfc and H5 from other models ive seen.

(Real quick plug, im working on updating the season-to-date snowfall map in CT, so this is for anyone who hasnt updated their new england snow page @Damage In Tolland @tavwtby @CT Valley Snowman @RUNNAWAYICEBERG @metagraphica @H2Otown_WX that would be very helpful to get it done. ty)

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully that cold shot around V Day verifies warmer. I'd love to get through this winter unscathed with only a low of -1F. My bamboo may reach 20ft this year if that happens. Looks like a few good chances for snow in the coming week or so...pretty typical of Feb.

What's the bamboo used for?

Euro has kind of a typical SWFE for 2/9. Like 3-6 pike northward (and 6+ for CNE area in C NH to S ME) with 1-3 south and some ytransition to sleet/ZR (and RA on coast). At least that one has a really nice antecedent airmass so it wouldn't take too much gymnastics in the flow to keep it all snow.

• Like 1

Hmm.. I wonder if the Euro's latching onto it on this run -

hints at bringing the hammer on the 11th as that is whopper SPC and dangerously ejecting S/ stream on that 12z frame - I suppose I could speed this up and go to Pivotal or whatever ...but at least as of this moment on PSU's coarser 2001 serious antiquated freebie - haha

Even if the 12/13th prove it didn't bring the SPV down .. the hint satisfies as cross-guidance vulnerable.  I like that period ..

17 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

What's the bamboo used for?

I grow it in my chicken run for shade and as a novelty. It's kinda cool seeing shoots come up in late May and by late June they're 12ft tall and an inch wide. It's technically a grass so the chickens eat the lower hanging leaves as well. In zone 5 they have a limit on their size, but if I can sneak in a zone 6/7 winter they'll have the chance to approach their potential this summer.

Phyllostachys parvifolia has really sized up for me. It was a small plant in 18 when I got it. In 19 I had a couple of culms that reached my hawk netting around 6ft. And last year it blew through the hawk netting and probably reached 12-13ft.

http://bamboogarden.com/Phyllostachys parvifolia.htm

If we get a 6"+ paste storm they'll be in trouble since the early December storm bent them to the ground like the birches. The deform band was great though....deep powder for insulation and nothing on the leaves...it's just too bad we torched it all away.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I grow it in my chicken run for shade and as a novelty. It's kinda cool seeing shoots come up in late May and by late June they're 12ft tall and an inch wide. It's technically a grass so the chickens eat the lower hanging leaves as well. In zone 5 they have a limit on their size, but if I can sneak in a zone 6/7 winter they'll have the chance to approach their potential this summer.

Phyllostachys parvifolia has really sized up for me. It was a small plant in 18 when I got it. In 19 I had a couple of culms that reached my hawk netting around 6ft. And last year it blew through the hawk netting and probably reached 12-13ft.

http://bamboogarden.com/Phyllostachys parvifolia.htm

If we get a 6"+ paste storm they'll be in trouble since the early December storm bent them to the ground like the birches. The deform band was great though....deep powder for insulation and nothing on the leaves...it's just too bad we torched it all away.

You can’t kill off that bamboo no matter if you wanted too. Lol

Yea... the Euro at 168 and 192 shows the initial set up conducive to a whopper phase, but it can't quite get it done because the southern stream part of the total phase is running through that velocity gobbler over the SE compressed ridge .. It loses identity and so it, and the SPV end up blunted and positively tilted against it... 

This run and others are all just an homage to that period of time, so...  Hey, by the time Monday afternoon's either celebrating or licking wounds, this may be on the modeling horizon - I think it will be.

• Like 3