Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Meh, common guys tracking is half the fun lol. It’s all the better when it actually pays off but I love the chase just as much! 

eh, whatever happens will happen regardless of how many times i stay up for the euro :)

Plus, I feel like the rarity of a significant event is lost on me when you see those weenie model outputs for days prior.

Yeah I mean juggernaut pressure wells are A list Hollywood but aren’t necessary -, kinematic circumstance, is 

Jan 19 1978 broke the Logan 24 snow record over top a 1000mb low. You just need to max a couple physical processes  

it’s like Linus ... silent thumb sucker but boy can mother f’er rock the piano. 

We’ll see but models seem like their swapping memos here

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I mean juggernaut pressure wells are A list Hollywood but aren’t necessary -, kinematic circumstance, is 

Jan 19 1978 broke the Logan 24 snow record over top a 1000mb low. You just need to max a couple physical processes  

it’s like Linus ... silent thumb sucker but boy can mother f’er rock the piano. 

We’ll see but models seem like their swapping memos here

Schroeder was the piano player.

Schroeder.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

36 hour storm on the CMC

Some relatively underwhelming dynamics on some of these runs with the H5 low kind of sloppy....that's why its taking like 30 hrs to get 14" of snow.

Obviously meaningless at this point, but something to watch for. People have this slow mover, duration fetish, but 9/10 times its dynamics that drive of excessive snows...not duration. Usually like half of the 30 hours is nuisance variety....its all about how intense the dynamics are in they prime window of time, which is seldom linger than about 12 hours. Its gets very banded after that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Some relatively underwhelming dynamics on some of these runs with the H5 low kind of sloppy....that's why its taking like 30 hrs to get 14" of snow.

Obviously meaningless at this point, but something to watch for. People have this slow mover, duration fetish, but 9/10 times its dynamics that drive of excessive snows...not duration. Usually like half of the 30 hours is nuisance variety....its all about how intense the dynamics are in they prime window of time, which is seldom linger than about 12 hours. Its gets very banded after that.

I noticed the same thing.... there is also precip issues south of Boston on some of these runs 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea...D6. I’m just happy to keep the signal close by and I’ll worry about banding or precip issues in 3-4 days.

Exactly.

Banding/precip issues usually aren't pinned down until we're < 36 hours out anyway.  Just keep the signal alive.  Looks active (albeit cutter-ish) after this one, so we'll have chances going for a while afterwards.