Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 25th Wintry Mix Obs and Nowcasting

stormtracker

Just now, Ji said:

Some would say the nam wheelhouse is 6 hours after the storm is over

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Sure it's overdone we can feel comfortable with that statement but the idea of a nice narrow swath of heavy precip is pretty consistent on most models now. Just gotta wait to see what type of precip it is. I still think LWX has a solid handle on this

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Sure it's overdone we can feel comfortable with that statement but the idea of a nice narrow swath of heavy precip is pretty consistent on most models now. Just gotta wait to see what type of precip it is. I still think LWX has a solid handle on this

They have basically nothing E of 95... I don't even get a "winter precipitation start time". They think this is a fall line N&W event only.  Meso's seem to be indicating this is more of an E-W orientation than a NE-SW. I realize I'm squabbling over a trashcan topper, but hey... this could still easily be my biggest snow of the season down here. :weep:

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

They have basically nothing E of 95... I don't even get a "winter precipitation start time". They think this is a fall line N&W event only.  Meso's seem to be indicating this is more of an E-W orientation than a NE-SW. I realize I'm squabbling over a trashcan topper, but hey... this could still easily be my biggest snow of the season down here. :weep:

I think they'll be making some changes in their next update....

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ji said:

There is that one nam run coming where it cuts the precip in half?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Yep.  While everyone celebrates first flakes, there’s always that post “Don’t look at the __z NAM if you like snow” which spells the end of the fun.  

You know since this was written off for the most part it's ok to let it play out now...people really don't have to spend a ton of time downplaying it or saying it won't happen...of course you might be right but you may be wrong. The time is on us now...it either will or it won't and it won't be because you said so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Southern Maryland, a good chunk of Delmarva.

I have had 4 warned events here since 2016, 3 of them low end. I know SE areas over towards the beaches had big snow events in both Jan of 17 and 18. Maybe places further west right along the bay have missed out on some of these.