• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25th Wintry Mix Obs and Nowcasting

stormtracker

Ukie sort of looks like the euro from what I can tell with a WAA snow thump, mix to dry spot. It’s my far the farthest NW of the guidance though.

Pattern I’ve seen today so far is to better show cold air hanging on east of the Apps. Haven’t diagnosed if that’s due to better CAD or reflecting dynamical cooling as precip starts or both.

• Like 2

I think it looks wonky. Brings the southern sw too far north, without any interaction with the NS vortex. Then it still weakens/dampens the wave and tries to shunt it southeastward at the end, as it feels the compression with the vortex rotating down from the Maritimes under the block. This should end up a bit flatter and further south, and we may end up worrying more about suppression/shredding again.

• Like 1

I think most of the area from DC on north gets a good WAA thump from 18-0z Monday per euro. Then mixy light precip mostly after. It definitely ticked south from 0z. I’d like another 50-100mi south over the next couple days in case the inevitable last minute north trend happens. Euro is still the farthest NW with the 850mb low. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I think most of the area from DC on north gets a good WAA thump from 18-0z Monday per euro. Then mixy light precip mostly after. It definitely ticked south from 0z. I’d like another 50-100mi south over the next couple days in case the inevitable last minute north trend happens. Euro is still the farthest NW with the 850mb low. 

I will take 2-4 ending as slop. Still think it ends up further south, but its a fine line. Wave could also come out flatter and dampen more as it moves east, as has been the tendency in this pattern so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I will take 2-4 ending as slop. Still think it ends up further south, but its a fine line. Wave could also come out flatter and dampen more as it moves east, as has been the tendency in this pattern so far.

Stronger and farther west low could provide a better WAA thump. Weaker low to the south keeps us snow longer. Hopefully we have some flexibility to get SOME snow. 

If this storm amps up and moves north closer to game time, it would definitely be the outlier relative to the trend the last 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

On the 12z Euro, it appears that H5 is a bit flatter out ahead of the system than it's 00z counterpart. Would be nice to score two solid advisory level events next week.

If Thursday is an advisory level, I think I'll see everyone next winter, lol.