Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 24-26th Something Potential

Chicago Storm

Let me help from Lincoln, IL office:

OPEN GULF WILL ALLOW UNSEASONABLY MOIST   
AIR (PWATS IN EXCESS OF 1.0 INCH) TO BE TRANSPORTED NORTH ACROSS   
THE OHIO VALLEY AHEAD OF THE LOW. THIS WILL HELP CONTRIBUTE TO   
HIGH QPF/LIQUID EQUIVALENT DURING THIS EVENT.

• Like 1

Have to admit, looks like a solid setup for the area. Solid high to the north, a low pressure that's not too strong & and no severe weather off to the South expected that could rob it of moisture. Amateur opinion would have to be Northern IN/IL get 6-10", 4-8" for Toledo area & 3-6" for Detroit. Does seem to lose a bit of steam on Tuesday morning which could hurt moisture a bit but I think 6" is a solid call for Toledo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Angrysummons said:

Yeah, it does. Show me the phasing. That is the key for this system. Without it, it ends up a strung out turd with modest wet snow. You need the phase to ring out the wash cloth.

No, it isn't. Stop clogging up the thread.

This system has never been a "phaser" and it doesn't need to be for foot plus totals. The reasons why have been discussed ad nauseam over the past few days, but you continue with this borderline trolling nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, andyhb said:

No, it isn't. Stop clogging up the thread.

This system has never been a "phaser" and it doesn't need to be for foot plus totals. The reasons why have been discussed ad nauseam over the past few days, but you continue with this borderline trolling nonsense.

Not sure it's borderline any longer.. there is a clear pattern

25 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

lol, this post. You do get this isn't the same thing eh???? Maybe you need to educate yourself better.

You're gonna have to explain how Chicago got 23" of snow on 2.4" of precip in the January 1967 storm, with temps in the upper 20s/low 30s.  Or you can ask our guest poster from the Boston area if the 4/1/1997 storm had a lot of arctic air there.  Or look at any number of other storms in the Midwest, east, etc.

Since you like talking, let's see your prediction for what totals will be in the maximum band.  I'll go 12-18"

• Like 2

Just now, andyhb said:

The reason for lower totals further east is because of the shearing of the parent shortwave and resultant partial loss of dynamic support with time. This has nothing to do with temperatures.

Indeed. Something that also still has a lot of spread among ENS, and will have to be worked out.

1 minute ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Angrysummons you really live up to your name. Cue the Taylor Swift song, You Need To Calm Down. You have seasoned mets trying to educate you but you keep trolling with nonsense posts. Go to the banter thread. 

Better yet, just ban his dumb ass. Like seriously, I truly appreciate the leniency in our subforum but like 75% of the drama in all threads could be resolved if this goober is eliminated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1