• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 24-26th Something Potential

Chicago Storm

Need a little dose of old school meteorology on that run of the GFS. Regardless of the confluence to the northeast, the surface and h7 low track depicted would not have nearly as compact a cold sector precip shield imo. It's a close to ideal 700 mb low track and surface low track shown to get heavy snow up into the Chicago metro.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Took a little closer look at some of the soundings on the GFS and as we figured, it's pretty bogus. More than enough lower and mid-level saturation gets up into southern WI on that run, and considering placement and magnitude of large scale forcing, if I didn't have access to QPF, I would have the northern extent of the QPF shield probably up close to MKE.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Need a little dose of old school meteorology on that run of the GFS. Regardless of the confluence to the northeast, the surface and h7 low track depicted would not have nearly as compact a cold sector precip shield imo. It's a close to ideal 700 mb low track and surface low track shown to get heavy snow up into the Chicago metro.

Mid level magic.  People in Kenosha wondering why it’s snowing so hard...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2