Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow-ice-rain for the NYC forum 7PM Mon 1/25-6AM Wednesday 1/27

wdrag

19 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The last 2 weeks and the next 2 weeks are a good example of what if....someone should post an image of what this pattern would have looked like with a positive AO/NAO vs what we currently have.  It would be 60-70 every day here

Better than this useless not quite cold and not warm enough to do outside stuff that we've been having for the last month. I have a whole bunch of car work to do so why don't you see if you can order up some of those 60's for me.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Better than this useless not quite cold and not warm enough to do outside stuff that we've been having for the last month. I have a whole bunch of car work to do so why don't you see if you can order up some of those 60's for me.

There is a nice piece of property in Raleigh for you. Save a lot on taxes too :D

• Haha 1

12z NAEFS continues to offer sleet/ice s of I80 for the 25th-26th,  about .2 QPF to I84 and about .4 or so I195.  I like that for starters. 12z/21 version slightly further n than the 00z and so despite the rather paltry  GEFS, the GEPS compromised up and it sort of matches the 12z/21 EPS...the concern being how much snow can occur in n CT or does the modeled confluence slip south with time?  Right now the EPS and GEFS have flip flopped from 3 days ago with the EPS much more favorable for a widespread snow-ice event in the forum.

Therefore, I've no changes to prior topic threads, including rushing the first snow in NJ during the day Monday (not that it will be correct but i cant confidently way one way or the other)... a light to moderate advisory event with a possible small swath of low end warning. Best I can do. Taking down the Christmas tree... something I'm reluctant to do. Later, 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jfklganyc said:

There is a nice piece of property in Raleigh for you. Save a lot on taxes too :D

Yeah but it's in N Carolina

I think I saw a few flurries when that blob passed through earlier that gave many in the area a bit of snow today. It might have been dust blowing in the breeze but since I need it to continue a streak that's now at 5 days straight I'm going to say it snowed today.

• Like 1

Just now, bluewave said:

Areas NE of NYC will have to watch the dewpoints this weekend. The Euro was really struggling to get the snow into New England next week with so much dry air being modeled. We usually need to get to within the NAMs best range to know exactly where the cutoff in snowfall will set up.

6F591EBE-4BFA-434A-8593-AB542AE513F5.thumb.png.e85410d391e210d9da528ded4d8e9a6e.png

Yeah. I think I am out of the game here in SW CT.

What a monster for the following storm for the SE and MA. Wow.

• Rjay unpinned this topic