Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 16 2021 - Inland runner Rain/Snow/Wind

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Back to just pounding wet snow over here.

629EF97C-18A6-4279-979A-DF41D822B817.gif.da0c6a31f419bb73d6e2da0a1531d74c.gif

The upslope signal tonight and tomorrow is just sick.  There’s a lot of residual moisture around to get wrung out.

Most models have 0.5-1.0” QPF as upslope for the Spine.  Here’s the GFS starting at 9pm tonight through 9pm tomorrow.

EA0FA443-19D3-48DA-8CE8-DD5389B5F08D.thumb.png.d6e2cdf48d510e5315cccd9c38ab80d0.png

Bread and butter is back

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nuking big flakes on your cam. That circular stone yardscape piece is buried now. Not sure how much was showing before but you prob have at least 6”. 

Based on my other cams from the front of the house it’s probably about 6. I have a good shot of a railing and it’s piled up tall on there. 

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nice subby zone on the NH/VT border.

RAD_MOS_STATE_ME_L2WINTER_ANI1.gif

I wonder how far north the heavy rain/snow line goes. Hoping a hard stop at the southern Piscataquis County border and that the storm is bringing in more cold air than CAR first thought. I know we'll warm as rates calm down but maybe by then we can pick up close to 6 inches at 850'

16 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Had about 20” above 2k at Stratton. About 16” of wet snow at my house at 1600’. Power is out with lots of tree damage 

That’s awesome.  Lots of of 12-18” in the southern/central Greens.  My buddy at Killington showed what looked like 10-12” on roof of car.

19 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

I wonder how far north the heavy rain/snow line goes. Hoping a hard stop at the southern Piscataquis County border and that the storm is bringing in more cold air than CAR first thought. I know we'll warm as rates calm down but maybe by then we can pick up close to 6 inches at 850'

I think i have 3-5" up where you are on HCS.

Snowfall Map 31A.gif

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like bread and butter is back for a couple of days once the main slug of precip passes. 

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Bread and butter is back

“Sigh” You’re getting there I guess.  The first usage is close, but you still need some work on the analogy.  It looks like almost a week of a bread and butter-style pattern after this storm passes.  If you’re responding to PF’s post regarding this storm’s upslope component, that’s not the correct analogy at all.  If this storm was bread and butter we’d probably average 500-600” of snow a season.  Don’t make me go Miyagi on you; Phin helped set up the appropriate analogy for this type of system a while back:

WinterPotRoast.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, J.Spin said:

“Sigh” You’re getting there I guess.  The first usage is close, but you still need some work on the analogy.  It looks like almost a week of a bread and butter-style pattern after this storm passes.  If you’re responding to PF’s post regarding this storm’s upslope component, that’s not the correct analogy at all.  If this storm was bread and butter we’d probably average 500-600” of snow a season.  Don’t make me go Miyagi on you; Phin helped set up the appropriate analogy for this type of system a while back:

WinterPotRoast.jpg

That’s what I said? :lol:  I guess I wasn’t clear when I said after this slug passes. I meant that the upslope machine turns on after the Synoptics go.