Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 2021 Squallicane

Holston_River_Rambler

29 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

I believe somebody's gonna get hammered with this. Ive saw 2 to 4 inches fall in an hour with these type squalls, let alone several inches from synoptic, stratuform snow within closer proximity of the system.

I had an inch in 15 minutes with one in March a few years ago. Strong wind, 0 vis, it was a 15 minute blizzard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I was surprised at the ping reports and RadarScope showing rain. Then a friend of mine from Lexington Tn told me a buddy of his called and said it’s snowing and 43’ at his house. emoji15.png

When the upper levels are good it can snow at 45ish. It's really cold aloft and the warmth is shallow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got back in, no snow in town but it's snowing lightly at the house.  
Took this picture of a small snow squall over Cross mountain while I was in town. The one before this was much larger and blocked the whole mountain. 
KmOTAX.md.jpg&key=15c3ea9527091c1a699fe1f4a4c4c715b13ad6297a7ebf331fddf9ee32ad6cd7

Those cold pool, ULL type clouds are beautiful

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I'm about to go to a high school basketball game. A heavy snow shower is heading my way but I won't be home to see it most likely. 

MRX call map has me at .5 to 1 inch. So far this year those have busted low for me between 50 and 75 percent.  Hope that is the case here too. 

I hope you don't have any plans to watch TV later tonight.

SnowDish-777x437.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Don't know if I have ever seen the lack of coordination between offices that is evident between MRX and OHX.  If you live on the county line of Roan county you have a 20 percent chance of snow. If you live on the county line of Cumberland county 10 feet apart you have a 90 percent chance of snow showers.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic