Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

the GGEM with a snow to sleet to dry slot thumper with the primary heading towards buffalo. Nice seeing the JV models show meterogically impossible things 

Did you think the GFS classic was meteorologically impossible with that strong low plowing north and delivering an epic rainstorm?  Real question not snark

3 hours ago, LP08 said:

Would have expected a little more resistance from moving north and flooding every level with warm air from this look.

07C476FA-AF62-4F82-B3C4-7E73EA69B8ED.png

1C4A52C2-5990-47AD-A33C-9F4661463837.png

Its the PAC side that is overwhelming the pattern downstream. The natural response to that monster trof on the W Coast is to raise heights/ pump a ridge in the SE. Need a larger -NAO block to counter that.

I'll take what the 06z GFS is smoking from hr 195 to hr 207 (Mon Jan 25th) and run with 2-4"
992mb SLP up in S MN... but decent snow here?  Alrighty then
Of course you would take it.....it's like you apply for a job that has a salary range between 80 and 120k and you ask for 50

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Yesterday I mentioned that issue with the ULL/lower heights rotating west of the block. You know, the post with 15 arrows lol....Well, this is unfortunately the trend last night. This allows heights to really rise. Still, this far out we could see the 50/50 trend better and other things change. All options on the table, but that’s one thing I wasn’t a fan of. This ULL being there helps the ridge build better. 

180B5A7F-9E48-4A0B-9921-86428F856C02.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yesterday I mentioned that issue with the ULL/lower heights rotating west of the block. You know, the post with 15 arrows lol....Well, this is unfortunately the trend last night. This allows heights to really rise. Still, this far out we could see the 50/50 trend better and other things change. All options on the table, but that’s one thing I wasn’t a fan of. This ULL being there helps the ridge build better. 

180B5A7F-9E48-4A0B-9921-86428F856C02.jpeg

I guess it's a chicken/egg thing but the biggest culprit in this is the central PAC ridge blob with the full lat trof centered on the West Coast. Those full lat features are wreaking havoc downstream. If the -NAO wasn't there we would have a severe SER. We r lucky to even have a threat of any frozen at all with that look out West. 

@CAPE what has been the time frame for the EPS caving to the GEFS this season? Between 156-180 hrs? IIRC it was you that was tracking this. Maybe was @psuhoffman?

• Like 1