Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yes that’s always been the most likely time period based on pattern progression. As everything retrogrades that’s the point where something is most likely to amplify in the east yet have a boundary far enough south to keep us on the frozen side. Doesn’t mean we don’t get something before or after...the pattern isn’t crap on either side of that but that’s when it all seems right wrt the longwave features to see an amplified wave along the east coast south of us. That’s all I saw. The details have to fill in as we get closer. 

We need a wave just right in strength, but not too strong.   My head hurts

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

There is so much suppression that literally nothing can hold together or climb north at all. The same thing that is eliminating cutters is also eliminating everything else. We have to get some relaxation in that confluence.

Yup..or a slightly stronger sw that won't get completely flattened.  It looks great coming in...but then again, I guess I'm supposed to know what a model does in every panel even though we can't see it yet.  

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

There is so much suppression that literally nothing can hold together or climb north at all. The same thing that is eliminating cutters is also eliminating everything else. We have to get some relaxation in that confluence.

Bamwx to the rescue...wasn't last night and this morning all about warmth and no chances?

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Narrator:  Everything.  

No that run was beautiful. We want that boundary a little south of us at 200 hours. This isn’t a run that has it squashed to southern VA and NC. That would be bad.  But we know it won’t be totally accurate at 200 hours. And we know the adjustment is still usually north 60% of the time. So all jokes aside just playing the odds we want it right there at that range. I’m totally fine with it.....

But we all know no matter what the 40% screw us option is what will happen every time so why bother...there @Ji took care of it for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The wave on the 28/29 is the one with the best upper support but it’s coming across a bit too far north.  
How do you know if coming too far north...it's 11 days away. We have no idea how any of this will turn out

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yup..or a slightly stronger sw that won't get completely flattened.  It looks great coming in...but then again, I guess I'm supposed to know what a model does in every panel even though we can't see it yet.  

This..we need that suppression bit that wave was weak sauce at the upper levels. We need a better handoff and more energy to eject across with one of those waves. The 3rd one does that but runs slightly north of where we want. Overall this run was good. That pattern was what I was looking for and would give us multiple chances next week. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yet folks have been concerned about our "good" period devolving into multiple cutters. lol GFS. Chances are better that these waves end up dampening/getting shoved too far south, as has been the tendency for awhile now.

You would think one of them would finally be a flush hit though. WDI and all.

15 minutes ago, Ji said:

How do you know if coming too far north...it's 11 days away. We have no idea how any of this will turn out

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

On this run...but just from a longwave pattern POV that’s the most likely time period to get a more amped storm to the east coast. I have no idea what the details will be.  Probably some convoluted progression that screws us bad.