• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

The block retrogrades a bit too far west this run which allows the 50/50 to escape and too much ridging. That’s part of why the storm gains so much latitude before the jump. Ggem looks similar at the surface but for a completely different reason. The blocking stays further east but links up with the mid latitude ridge which causes a cutter. Both still get us some frozen despite a west track. The big takeaway is the American globals finally picked up on a healthy wave ejecting there. 

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I’d rather see the CAPE storm or the stormtracker storn

Not sure what the criteria is. I guess you have to claim you spotted the potential first. I probably identified one of these periods pretty early on, but idgaf about storm naming, as long as it snows in my yard.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This run the NS wave (1) came in behind the southern wave (2) and phased. Want this to become a monster for us just need that NS to dig a bit more. Once they phase the upper feature tracks east under the block but that happens just north of our latitude. 
04DCEA29-8100-4B5D-8896-E464AE4E0E98.thumb.jpeg.7deaa7b67a4ce1718c107bb60baded4d.jpeg

That primary making it that far north kills us...but I 10000% happier to be in THIS position now than to keep seeing shit fly south of us and straight off the coast.    Let's see if this look holds or is it a blip. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Not sure what the criteria is. I guess you have to claim you spotted the potential first. I probably identified one of these periods pretty early on, but idgaf about storm naming, as long as it snows in my yard.

My point was a psu or Wiggum storm is probably no bueno for us.  Referring to location not name.  Wiggum is in PA.  That won’t help me or you

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z GEFS through Day 9...interesting that several of the members take the heavy snow south of DMV...

93F7E179-0504-43D3-9B71-79B85378DF4A.png

The mean to our north is skewed high by a camp of members that really bomb the storm and crush just to our northeast. Kind of a miller b evolution but a hybrid not a total screw job here. But there is a camp that’s still somewhat suppressed and targets just to our south. That’s not a bad spot to be at this range. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

My point was a psu or Wiggum storm is probably no bueno for us.  Referring to location not name.  Wiggum is in PA.  That won’t help me or you

Gotcha. I think the naming is usually based on who supposedly first saw the threat window for the region, not specific location.

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Same.  Just give me the SNOW storm.

I thought we stopped with the storm name thing.  Besides I’m sure some high school kid from Delaware on Twitter called it back in June. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The mean to our north is skewed high by a camp of members that really bomb the storm and crush just to our northeast. Kind of a miller b evolution but a hybrid not a total screw job here. But there is a camp that’s still somewhat suppressed and targets just to our south. That’s not a bad spot to be at this range. 

Nina, so miller b is a definite thing.

Could be nice early Feb.:snowman: even beyond as well 

Looks like we are getting those rare wall to wall winters where we are constantly tracking

Just just the winter actually included things like cold and snow

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

• Like 1