Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

How we lookin'?

Great! You ready to get on board? The next month is gonna be rockin!

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I can't believe people are so skeptical of snow and it isn't even March yet. This doesn't look like anything flashy but the trends are good. Are we turning away nickel and dime events?

60” yearly total or bust!!! I’ll teach y’all how to measure properly

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ji said:

Life is so boring now. I hate this time of year

It's been nonstop tracking for 4 weeks + and now a possible Friday night event.  Far from Boring imo. And March is coming . It's a snow month now :sled:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

18z Rgem at end of run 

rgem-all-md-instant_ptype-4405600.png

Pretty impressive with that thickness level.  White rain I would guess.  Especially central VA near 552dm.  

• Like 1

tropical climates like ours don't get snow in March.

Have you lived around here in March as of late? It’s never gonna be deep winter but there is almost always a March storm even if it melts the day after.
  • Like 2

93, 94, 99, 05, 07 (April included as well there,) 09, 14, 15, 18, all had decent snow events in March. Even in the DCA Death Valley climate. March if anything is more interesting than December. The issues are psychologically it feels we are done and sun angle melts things quickly, but March events can be fun. 

That said, Friday looks lame at the surface at least. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J.Mike said:

Yawn.

That right there is the post of the season. It captures the essence of this winter beautifully for NOVA at least from my perspective.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Eps coming in a bit colder at the surface and at 850 for Friday night.  3 or 4 significant hits for parts of the forum. 

So you’re saying there’s a chance 

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Eps coming in a bit colder at the surface and at 850 for Friday night.  3 or 4 significant hits for parts of the forum. 

I actually think we’ve got a decent shot at a few inches up our way if moisture does actually come in overnight. We keep seeing storms that start later than models predict (5am instead of 1 am) which of course makes a huge difference as far as accumulations are concerned. Hope this one starts at 11p-12a and gives us a Good chunk of time without any sun.

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice coastal per Euro day 7/8 . A few good hits in the Eps . Something to watch .

Ninjd 

I like the overrunning situation around March 1 on GFS. We're on the warm side of it today but maybe we can catch a break. Be nice if the dethroned king is sniffing this out first.

I ninja'd all of you as I posted about it this time yesterday lol. The late next week period is still a semi interesting look as advertised on the means. Really the only period with any potential in sight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2