Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I can't believe people are so skeptical of snow and it isn't even March yet. This doesn't look like anything flashy but the trends are good. Are we turning away nickel and dime events?

The pattern is a mild one. Pretty much straight up crap over the next several days. Realistically, outside of some mangled flakes mixed in with some rain for NW areas, there is no significant winter weather in the offing for at least another week.

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I can't believe people are so skeptical of snow and it isn't even March yet. This doesn't look like anything flashy but the trends are good. Are we turning away nickel and dime events?

60” yearly total or bust!!! I’ll teach y’all how to measure properly

• Haha 1

93, 94, 99, 05, 07 (April included as well there,) 09, 14, 15, 18, all had decent snow events in March. Even in the DCA Death Valley climate. March if anything is more interesting than December. The issues are psychologically it feels we are done and sun angle melts things quickly, but March events can be fun. 

That said, Friday looks lame at the surface at least. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Eps coming in a bit colder at the surface and at 850 for Friday night.  3 or 4 significant hits for parts of the forum. 

I actually think we’ve got a decent shot at a few inches up our way if moisture does actually come in overnight. We keep seeing storms that start later than models predict (5am instead of 1 am) which of course makes a huge difference as far as accumulations are concerned. Hope this one starts at 11p-12a and gives us a Good chunk of time without any sun.