Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

That low was 976mb just offshore of Portland, Maine.  Very underrated storm with high impact over a huge area of the country.

Is it just me or has lake affect calm down in recent years? I remember when buffalo got like 7 feet of snow once.Is it just me or has lake affect calm down in recent years? I remember when buffalo got like 7 feet of snow once.

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Is it just me or has lake affect calm down in recent years? I remember when buffalo got like 7 feet of snow once.Is it just me or has lake affect calm down in recent years? I remember when buffalo got like 7 feet of snow once.

It's just you. It's just you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

So I think I’m reading this wrong. Because I’m looking at the line as it curves and it bends way warmer than 0° before it falls to the ground. How are you supposed to actually read it?

Edit: I don’t know why but when I dictate these replies it pays a duplicate.

https://wildcardweather.com/2015/02/21/learn-to-read-a-skew-t-diagram-like-a-meteorologist-in-pictures/

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Not sure about the lake affect snow, but you might need to calm down a bit lol

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Was in an MIRC chat with Ian, Randy may have been there, Marcus, Jerry from the NE forum and others...1998ish. I was at college class. Came home and popped on and asked. They never let me live it down. Then asked again tongue in cheek years later on eastern and that was all she wrote.

Were you Ralph then?

8 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

We hear about it when it hits a population center like Buffalo, but it doesn’t always make the news when it’s just headed for the Tug Hill.  Last year in late February, with Lake Ontario not frozen due to the mild winter, there was a band that dropped 4’ north of Syracuse.

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

We hear about it when it hits a population center like Buffalo, but it doesn’t always make the news when it’s just headed for the Tug Hill.  Last year in late February, with Lake Ontario not frozen due to the mild winter, there was a band that dropped 4’ north of Syracuse.

Yeah I figured it didn’t just go away. Those bands are incredibly thin relatively speaking. 

6 minutes ago, Ephesians2 said:

The most recent event brought over 1/2" ice to a lot of southern and central VA. There are trees and branches down here, but it's much worse with widespread power outages across South Central VA. I'm definitely hoping for a south trend, and if not, more sleet as opposed to ZR.

Something just fell on my roof. Doesn’t seem to be any damage. But there are lots of not cool noises outside right now.  Lost a huge pine tree 2 years ago in an ice storm. I’m definitely not down with ice storms. Not worth it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Something just fell on my roof. Doesn’t seem to be any damage. But there are lots of not cool noises outside right now.  Lost a huge pine tree 2 years ago in an ice storm. I’m definitely not down with ice storms. Not worth it. 

I heard a limb drop out back when outside. Not big.