Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I mean look at all of the extreme weather going on out there, even if it's not a big snow maker it sure seems like a pretty interesting winter event is heading this way. As long as it isn't just plain freezing rain i'm pretty pumped for whatever comes

This is me right here. I don’t want an all snow event. I want snow, sleet, freezing rain and back to a half inch coating of snow.

Yeah honestly everyone is saying the NAM caved. It didn’t. Caving would’ve been a similar solution and this is not a similar solution. You can say I’m arguing semantics but I made my call earlier. I think the NAM will end up being closer to the result. 

LOL it was t gonna flip all at once

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Yeah honestly everyone is saying the NAM caved. It didn’t. Caving would’ve been a similar solution and this is not a similar solution. You can say I’m arguing semantics but I made my call earlier. I think the NAM will end up being closer to the result. 

Toggle the runs...its shifted east like 250 miles in 3 runs.  Maybe they meet at some middle ground but the NAM is not close to the final solution, IMO.

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Tbh despite the fact that you’re right, it barely makes a tangible difference. The fall line has to cut RIGHT across DC for it to make a real difference.

IDK, if I'm not mistaken, I believe DCA tends to report really low snow totals at or near local minimums. This is especially true in marginal events like this one. Also the fall line and R/S line aren't the same thing. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Nam drops 1.5" qpf in 12 hours . What a wild ride of a winter storm . And if anyone noticed...the current storm underway the mesos have increased qpf right at game time so come Wednesday 18z I'll expect the same :popcorn:

Welcome. Yes, hoping you are right. Sick of scraps. I want a precip bomb

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

It caved. And it caved massively. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nam drops 1.5" qpf in 12 hours . What a wild ride of a winter storm . And if anyone noticed...the current storm underway the mesos have increased qpf right at game time so come Wednesday 18z I'll expect the same :popcorn:

Welcome back. We missed you. All we need is the QPF, I’ll gladly take a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain. 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 2