Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Is that normal for up there or just a good year?  I know the one coop in the area averages about what I do but they could be in a local minimum. 

It's a good year. I had 16" 2 weeks ago at 750' In elevation. Cascade/blue ridge summit area maxed out with 22" or so. But those areas are always 4 to 6 degrees cooler than Smithsburg or Thurmont. 

Euro looks great to me. Mids are still trending the right way. Perfect. As heights press, slower onset often comes with the territory. That's 2 steps in front of what I'm watching. Heights are prob going to start sliding the other way sometime between now and wed night. I like where this is a lot more than I did 48 hours ago

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

It's a good year. I had 16" 2 weeks ago at 750' In elevation. Cascade/blue ridge summit area maxed out with 22" or so. But those areas are always 4 to 6 degrees cooler than Smithsburg or Thurmont. 

Agreed.  You can’t beat the elevation.  1400-1600ft up will give you better ratios and the precip jackpots.  Always. 1400ft is the magic number.   

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Is this actually a thing? Why would off runs be any different? 

Just Ji things.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro looks great to me. Mids are still trending the right way. Perfect. As heights press, slower onset often comes with the territory. That's 2 steps in front of what I'm watching. Heights are prob going to start sliding the other way sometime between now and wed night. I like where this is a lot more than I did 48 hours ago

Agreed, good analysis.  Now put your pants back on.