Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This. This will very likely trend north the last 48 hours. We want to get it as far south as we can now. I wouldn’t mind one more south jump tonight before the likely bleed north on guidance starts once the wave tonight gets out of the way. 

Of course Ji would say when we need a north trend we get...you know.  

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This. This will very likely trend north the last 48 hours. We want to get it as far south as we can now. I wouldn’t mind one more south jump tonight before the likely bleed north on guidance starts once the wave tonight gets out of the way. 

Yep, been watching the sleet and mix line push further NW all day into Ohio with the low tracking through now.  Model shift NW started last night.  Don't want it to happen, but it likely will.

8 minutes ago, Hypothetical 240 hour snow said:

This storm has Virginia special written all over it... congrats, to be fair we got our snow last week.

Suppression fail crew has already taken  the 00z shift away from the warm fail crew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah, I know I've had enough 1-3/2-4 and then wintry mix/slop storms in the past five years.

Yea I didn’t want to throw that part in because I know there are parts of this sub that haven’t had much snow. But I’ve had plenty of ho hum minor snowfalls lately. I want something dynamic. 

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

SREFs look just like the NAM. 

pick your emote. :yikes::lol::wacko::rolleyes:

Hope they start trending toward the globals but have they ever not been amped and north? It’s anecdotal but  I feel like anytime there is a southern slider we can at least count on the srefs to throw us .50 of digital qpf when everything else is dry.

• Like 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Yea I didn’t want to throw that part in because I know there are parts of this sub that haven’t had much snow. But I’ve had plenty of ho hum minor snowfalls lately. I want something dynamic. 

Yep. I'd take 6 inches over 6-8 hours opposed to 10 over 36 hours, lol. About time us DC folk see good rates that actually accumulate. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Wondering

Mr. Cape, I though you were near Annapolis, anyway I would be glad to be fringed in the SW part of Frederick County so that the SE gang gets a bigger hit.  There were robins flying everywhere around my house today, sign of spring.  I have had about 25 inches, unless it is a big one I have also had enough!  I guess I am getting old...

• Haha 2

There is nothing more I need to see from the globals.  They are all close to showing max potential inside 72 hours. At this point I just want to see the NAM cave. Totally fully and completely cave and spit out some NAMd worthy 15” solution. Yea it’s (and it’s idiotic SREF friends) probably wrong but I want that option off the table because probably isn’t definitely and snow is serious business 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There is nothing more I need to see from the globals.  They are all close to showing max potential inside 72 hours. At this point I just want to see the NAM cave. Totally fully and completely cave and spit out some NAMd worthy 15” solution. Yea it’s (and it’s idiotic SREF friends) probably wrong but I want that option off the table because probably isn’t definitely and snow is serious business 

IIRC, the SREFs have some of the NAM-esque members in there so if the NAM trends one way don't the SREFs follow to a degree? Can anyone confirm that? @ers-wxman1, @WxUSAF, @csnavywx?