Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

12 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I suppose the one thing that's consistent so far on guidance is the surface is frigid.  Don't need rates to overcome 33-35 at the surface.  I would take a 6hr dynamic system of all types of precip at 28-30 degrees.  1-5" of snow/sleet would be fun.

Yep, comes in at a good time too. Early morning. Wake up drink some coffee and watch the radar light up with some fronto banding. Nothing better. Let’s gooo

57 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Cmc has some very heavy banding aimed right at DC then too. It’s very questionable if it’s snow/sleet. Flips back and forth for a few hours in the precip type plots.  Nothing else updated yet. 

55 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Yea on stormvista plots I have no clue what ptype either. 

50 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s snow or sleet. There is a 6 hour period with extremely heavy precip from DC to the PA line and it keeps flipping back and forth and has areas of snow south of areas of sleet. Indicative of a small warm layer that might be overcome by rates. But that 6 hour period is the difference between a minor v major event wrt snow accumulations. It would be high impact either way with ice. 

PW has the soundings for CMC... but they don't seem to line up with what the precip type/rate map shows.  For example... DCA is 33 and rain on the sounding at 90 that I pull up... but on the precip type/rate it says its supposed to be heavy sleet with the green (rain) close to 100 miles SE of DC