Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

9 minutes ago, high risk said:

Toss the GFS temperatures for later Thursday.    The early morning temps are in the 20s, and winds are light - the GFS is always way too aggressive in weakening the damming in setups like these.    The GFS para is better at retaining the low-level cold air (not great, but better than the ops GFS) and offers a colder and more reasonable solution.

Yeah, para is much colder and sleetier/zr'rier

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wentz. I Love ya. You come in here trying to balance your Phily yard with us. But that isnt possible. You try to be a solid contributor when you climo isnt even close to mine. In the mountains of VA.

Ha sorta. Trust me we aren’t much better. In fact I’m planning to move to Worcester MA next fall if I can find work. I root for you guys to do well because that usually means I do well too. Especially with big events. Yeah occasionally we get clipped with Miller Bs that miss you, but meh. 

so we go from artic air to just slightly below normal from snow to a ice storm then to rain. smh  all this talk about a long week of off and on winter storms and now nothing? dont get me wrong i hate ice so thats a plus. but just wow a low that is all the way in mexico that 9 times out of 10 rids along the gulf then up the coast has turned into a apps runner? 

Watching some SW tonight... and I decided to take some weather liberties with some of the scenes... and I'mbored... so here goes

Commander of the Weather Weenies:  Lord Polar Vortex, this is an unexpected pleasure, we are honored by your presence

Lord PV:  You may dispense with the weather weenies Commander... I'm here to put your warmer air back on schedule

Commander:  I assure you Lord PV, my weather weenies are working as fast as they can

Lord PV:  Perhaps I can find new models to motivate them

Commander:  I tell you that this southerly jet streak station will be operational as planned

Lord PV:  The SLP Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the weather situation

Commander:  But he asks the impossible... I need more weather weenies

Lord PV:  Then perhaps you can tell the Emperor SLP when he arrives

Commander:  The SLP is coming here?

Lord PV:  That is correct Commander, and he is most displeased with the apparent lack of warm air

Commander:  We shall redouble our efforts

Lord PV:  I hope so Commander, for your sake... the SLP is not as forgiving as I am

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Watching some SW tonight... and I decided to take some weather liberties with some of the scenes... and I'mbored... so here goes

Commander of the Weather Weenies:  Lord Polar Vortex, this is an unexpected pleasure, we are honored by your presence
Lord PV:  You may dispense with the weather weenies Commander... I'm here to put your warmer air back on schedule
Commander:  I assure you Lord PV, my weather weenies are working as fast as they can
Commander:  I tell you that this southerly jet streak station will be operational as planned
Lord PV:  The SLP Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the weather situation
Lord PV:  That is correct Commander, and he is most displeased with the apparent lack of warm air
Lord PV:  I hope so Commander, for your sake... the SLP is not as forgiving as I am

Boy was that awful lol. Stick to ukmet
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ji said:
38 minutes ago, yoda said:

Boy was that awful lol. Stick to ukmet

Here you go Lord Ji

sn10_024h.conus.png

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Well damn, I was wrong.  Starts out as snow for DC! And pretty good snow too.  I mean, it's gonna be one panel, but still.  Interesting development

I had a feeling.....that's why im up right now lol

You're going to get your heart broken