Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Bob Chill said:

0z gfs is 100% no doubt the iciest 7 day model run I've ever seen. You have to root for that. All timer. I've always said I want a foot of ice. Well, maybe not in 1 storm but... 

There's guidelines against not including ice measurements in seasonal totals, right? Might as well tally it up and say I have had 14 inches of "'winter" when those storms are all said and done. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

0z gfs is 100% no doubt the iciest 7 day model run I've ever seen. You have to root for that. All timer. I've always said I want a foot of ice. Well, maybe not realistic in 1 storm but... 

Nah we gotta see if we can have one of those waves give us snow...because all snow solutions would end up in foot/feet territory wouldn't they? :lol: Feels like next week may be our best chance for that in awhile if it can stay mostly snow!

0z gfs is 100% no doubt the iciest 7 day model run I've ever seen. You have to root for that. All timer. I've always said I want a foot of ice. Well, maybe not realistic in 1 storm but... 
Just don't understand the no snow part. It's taking a snow track

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

There's guidelines against not including ice measurements in seasonal totals, right? Might as well tally it up and say I have had 14 inches of "'winter" when those storms are all said and done. 

I'm not much of a stickler for official stuff like that. I'm much more focused and interested in weather breaking lots of stuff and destroying things and crippling power grids and things like that. You know, the simple pleasures in life

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yeah Ji I that's what is confusing me too...how is it ice with that track??

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Honestly, if storms are going to run at us like that on the periphery of arctic air/tpv, you'd have to expect all ptypes. We could just as luckily get a really good snow hit as a mixed event or even plain rain/zr. It's an unusual pattern and it's here to stay for a bit it seems

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Honestly, if storms are going to run at us like that on the periphery of arctic air/tpv, you'd have to expect all ptypes. We could just as luckily get a really good snow hit as a mixed event or even plain rain/zr. It's an unusual pattern and it's here to stay for a bit it seems

Came across this quote in a Baltimore Sun article about the ‘94 ice storms:

Feb. 10-11, an extraordinary 4 inches of sleet fell at BWI. On the 11th, the precipitation type changed 10 times.

Can you imagine the reaction of this board if we had a repeat of that ?  Lol.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm not much of a stickler for official stuff like that. I'm much more focused and interested in weather breaking lots of stuff and destroying things and crippling power grids and things like that. You know, the simple pleasures in life

Dude you and I are soul mates, sorry haha. I’d take 2 feet of ice, let’s do it. No power for a month and National guard

• Like 1