Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I guess my question is more about the general pattern being modeled...simply, why all the mixy cutters? Lol

Yeah, realized more of what you meant after what I wrote, LOL!  Sorry about that.  Not quite sure how to answer that, though.  I kinda agree with @psuhoffman, the trend has been less interaction of the NS shortwave with the SS, and these systems have tended to end up farther south, rather than plowing right through a big high with strong blocking.  Or at least the CAD hangs on a lot more than indicated farther out in time.

Obviously, snow would be preferable for any of these potential events.  But absent that, I'd certainly prefer a sleet-fest (or ice) over cold rain any day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Hi, you must be new here.  My name is Randy.  Humble brag here, I was one of the founders of this place.  But that's not my claim to fame.  I coined the term Dr. No and have done nothing of note since.   I'm the administrator here.   I'd like to welcome you to the Mid Atlantic forum.  What day this week did you move here?

Holy shit. I literally laughed my ass off. 

28 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yeah, realized more of what you meant after what I wrote, LOL!  Sorry about that.  Not quite sure how to answer that, though.  I kinda agree with @psuhoffman, the trend has been less interaction of the NS shortwave with the SS, and these systems have tended to end up farther south, rather than plowing right through a big high with strong blocking.  Or at least the CAD hangs on a lot more than indicated farther out in time.

Obviously, snow would be preferable for any of these potential events.  But absent that, I'd certainly prefer a sleet-fest (or ice) over cold rain any day!

See I haven't experienced enough ice storms to know if I'd enjoy a bona-fide one...think I prefer snow (although I kinda like a glaze on top of snow though!)

10 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

NAM looks like a tiny bit of snow for some, to lots of sleet, to possibly back to snow for Saturday. It's trying to give us a snowy day!

12k Nam this way is pretty much a black out down here on Sat. 1.20” of freezing rain. Even half would be incredible for it to actually come to fruition.