• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

I have been on these boards for ten years.  I put a lot of faith in them for years, but as the season's have progressed, it is a constant buildup with "this data and this data" but it seldom plays out.  I am not a meteorologist, i'm a fighter pilot, but we obviously follow the weather.  Every storm has been the same.  It seldom plays out as modeled.  Take last weekend for example.  I'm sure someone will say "go to banter" and someone will say " then stop reading the thread".  That's fine, i know a lot of you on here have insecurities and that's ok.  You definitely have to have a touch of nerd in you to post/read this stuff.  I'm starting to think I am wasting my time.  Happy Monday.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, m045400 said:

I have been on these boards for ten years.  I put a lot of faith in them for years, but as the season's have progressed, it is a constant buildup with "this data and this data" but it seldom plays out.  I am not a meteorologist, i'm a fighter pilot, but we obviously follow the weather.  Every storm has been the same.  It seldom plays out as modeled.  I'm sure someone will say "go to banter" and someone will say " then stop reading the thread".  That's fine, i know a lot of you on here have insecurities and that's ok.  You definitely have to have a touch of nerd in you to post/read this stuff.  Happy Monday.  

You're here too, just sayin'. Happy Monday to you as well.

• Like 1

Just now, m045400 said:

I have been on these boards for ten years.  I put a lot of faith in them for years, but as the season's have progressed, it is a constant buildup with "this data and this data" but it seldom plays out.  I am not a meteorologist, i'm a fighter pilot, but we obviously follow the weather.  Every storm has been the same.  It seldom plays out as modeled.  I'm sure someone will say "go to banter" and someone will say " then stop reading the thread".  That's fine, i know a lot of you on here have insecurities and that's ok.  You definitely have to have a touch of nerd in you to post/read this stuff.  Happy Monday.  

Unless it can be controlled it will be largely unpredictable, especially something like the atmosphere where countless chain reactions happen simultaneously. It's a miracle they are as good as they are.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Keep the weekend stuff in here for now please. 

I thought his halftime performance was great - the work he did in the months leading up to it to tell the story was amazing. Tehehe

Alright, I'll see myself out lol 

But, as far as weather goes, I am stoked at the possibility of cold snow on top of cold so sign me up :D

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Euro never quite gets its act together for sunday.  Looks like just some light mixed precip.

GFS gets a big storm by phasing in a piece of the TPV and thus the main TPV sort of just shreds out in eastern Canada.  Euro keeps that more consolidated and thus the coastal is just a weak system until it gets north of us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Find someone you love to snuggle with Valentine's Day night.  Temps in the single digits and teens by 7pm Sunday night per Euro.  Wind chills probably near zero or below.

Below zero temps Monday morning N & W.  Low single digits in the cities.  Highs Monday mid-teens.

• Like 1